Attn: Nor Cal ss owners

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not going to get my hopes up on the motor swap. Even though the 6.0 is cheaper to buy than the 5.3 :shakehead: I don't think they will want to swap it out, even if I told them they could drop the warrenty and I would pay a little extra. :banghead:

P.S. As soon as I find out any info this week on renting the track, I will be sure to post it. Would some time in march sound good to everyone?

I am still working on that. They have fixed the detonation (bad injector), and marked my truck down as having a knocking motor on my warrenty. They told me the would not replace it at this time, but if it gets worse, or I have problems even after the warrenty is up, they would replace it because it was reported while still under warrenty. I think a few more trips to the track should help speed up the process. :thumbs:

P.S. I haven't seen the owner of the track yet this week, but my boss and I are going out to the track on Saturday to test one of our customers motors. I will for sure see him there. So as it looks, by Saturday night, I will post the for sure price of getting the track for a day. Which month would work best for everyone? March...April...?

hey fordsareslow, do sorry i couldnt get with you to take some pix....what about this weekend?  hopefully ill be feeling better. we need to get some better pix of the fakers!!

Works for me. I am tired of looking at my sig. I need my truck on there. :thumbs:

it sounds like they are working everything out for you. :cool:

as far as the track goes, the sooner the better. id like to get some runs in with the cool weather. im still hoping a friday or saturday night is possible. :dunno: im willing to go with just a couple days notice. you know, to fill the bottle, empty the gas tank to add 100 octane, and remove some weight.

No, it is actually a test and tune. It is open from 12 til 4 pm. I was going to go with my work, but our customer cancelled due to the fact of he wants a warmer day to test his car. I will still be going though. It is $45 and I think the gates open at 11am??? I will still talk to the track owner about renting the track, and hopefully get a for sure answer on the costs. :thumbs:

just wondering if you got any info on that track rental? if not able to rent it, something like test n tune is still fine with me. i beleave you said you got nine runs in tonight in four hours. thats great. id mostlikely only run four or five runs in a four hour session. i try and let the truck cool down for about 45 minutes between runs.

No info on track rental, one of the guys said he was at a funeral. I will be for sure contacting him on monday beacuse I got a broken window while out there. I was waiting in the stagging lanes when one of the cars doing a burnout threw a rock back and hit the center of the driverside windshield. It made two chips and a crack about 3 inches long. I was mad because they didn't have the normal crew out there and they wern't sweeping up the burnout box, so it was full of debris. I got 9 runs in, and my truck cooled down pretty decent between them. Every 2 passes I would stop and go get my timeslips. But after every pass, a poped my hood open and the motor cooled down to about 180 degrees. I was running within a few hundreths every time, so this was working out great. Maybe I can trade, instead of a new windshield, get the track for a day :dunno: I will find out on monday.

:cool: cool. keep us posted, but if no rental lets all just get together and go. you said you got nine passes in, thats more than enough for me.

i have a couple of other people that want to go also. hopefully they will show. :dunno:

i still say lets go soon, with the cool weather. :thumbs:

Archived