VHO vs SS ?

DirtySSouth

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

an SS with a CAI, shift kit, exhaust, and tuning can run a real low 14. the VHO is not only lighter, but it has more hp getting to the tires since it only has to send the power to two of them. i believe the weight difference is around 450lbs or so. the programming on the VHO is worse for performance than the SS is and the SS stock programming sucks. with both being stock i believe the times have been within a couple tenths of each other. with mods the VHO really shines as long as something is done on the traction side.

an SS with a CAI, shift kit, exhaust, and tuning can run a real low 14. the VHO is not only lighter, but it has more hp getting to the tires since it only has to send the power to two of them. i believe the weight difference is around 450lbs or so. the programming on the VHO is worse for performance than the SS is and the SS stock programming sucks. with both being stock i believe the times have been within a couple tenths of each other. with mods the VHO really shines as long as something is done on the traction side.

I wouldnt say REALLY low 14s in a SS with those mods but more like mid 14s.

And think about the VHO with no spare or tailgate. I wouldnt say 13.6 is completely unbelievable but I would like to see it. Oh wooops, I am gonna see it when I meet up with WhiteSS

I am having major conflicts here...I read on this bored about VHO's almost stock, with just a tune, exhaust running 13.6's.....Thats the speed of a lighting correct ? For an SS to run 13.6's it takes quite a few mods, I am not even sure if a supercharged SS only will run a 13.6 and the VHO's are running that with just exhaust and a chip ? Can someone explain where the difference is other than the AWD....are we really losing 2 seconds in the quarter mile becaues of AWD ?!?!  :confused:  :confused:  :confused:

if these trucks are really 600 lbs lighter it's not all that hard to believe, i ran 14.2 with CAI dual exhaust and custom tune with no wight reduction.

i'm waiting for ours to come in to get exact numbers. we get them shipped to us with shipping weights of the truck in "as shipped" conditions. i'm guessing the VHO should weigh in around 4800-4900. some of the gain besides it's weight though is in less parasitic drag from the 2wd drivetrain. this should also be the case of the 2wd SS trucks except i think that truck will be about 100lbs heavier than the VHO.

extra body appearance cladding, heavier wheels, and more likely extra options that the VHO trucks won't have.

I don't have the weight spec's, but the VHO wheels just look heavier to me than the SSS wheels due to the wider spokes. I'm not sure.

I believe the only difference in options are the SS embroidery on the headrests and possibly traction control equipment. What other options will the SSS offer that won't be offered on the B4V...Just curious.

Anyone got any clues as to what the sticker-price will be on the 2WD-SSS?

Archived