Anyone know how best to lower a bit?

Im planning on getting some drop shackles for the rear and turning down the torsion bars to level the truck back out. I havent tried to drop it that much with the bars yet but it should work, some stiffer shocks would probably help to get the ride a little stiffer though

Depending on how level the SS trucks are already set up, you can lower the front by cranking down on the torsion bars. However you can only go down about a 1/2" to 1". The C3 came with 2" lift blocks in the rear like all the other 1/2 ton 4wd's, so I pulled the blocks and cranked the bars down a 1/2" to level the truck. I don't know for sure but I don't believe the SS came with the lift blocks so you may close to level already and not able to go down enough in the front to make up for the 2" spring hangers.

Bear: 01"Pewter"C3

How did you lower the front? I would assume you back off the tension on the torsion bars. If you lower it this way will you need to have the front end realigned? How did it change the ride? :uhoh:

The front end was realingned today and it was lowerd by cranking down on the torsion bars. For the rear end, i found a temporarly solusion, 200lb of send.The ride got a bit stefer, but i like a lot! :chevy:

Just lower my SS today, only in the front for now. Next week we well do the rear, the front was lower 1 and half inch. Looks :cool:. Takes less then 5 minutes. :thumbs:

:crazy:

?????????????????

If you're looking at shackles, take a look at Western Chassis. Their's are adjustable from 1" to 2". That way if 2" is too much, just change it to the 1". I should be getting some soon and will post pics when I lower it. I agree with the front not being able to be dropped very much from the looks of it. For me, it'll be 1" all around, which should make it look :cool:

Just lower my SS today, only in the front for now. Next week we well do the rear, the front was lower 1 and half inch. Looks :cool:. Takes less then 5 minutes. :thumbs:

?????????????????

spellcheck! :D

?????????????????

spellcheck! :D

Thanks! :cheers:

You can take pictures on a regular camera and have them put on a CD now.

I'm really interested in what you lose in ride quality. I'm not too keen on lowering, because so much is lost. I had a 99'GMC Sierra that I did a 2/4 drop on using one of the lowering/handling kits from Hotchkis. I felt like I lost too much of my ride quality. It handled like a sports car, but towing my boat almost had me dragging. I could have used some helper springs, I think, but felt like I would be defeating what I had done to lower it in the first place.

Anyway, keep us posted.

Archived