Another Titan kill

04CHASE

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then please do the same for us and give our truck respect. I have given yours on almost every post till now respect. I am not rich as you can see from all my posts. I like the SS, just didn';t know I could get it for under 40k. But it upsets me when people bash other brands for stupid reasons.

just got done playing a round of golf, and i pull up to the first light and rev on a crew cab titan witha guy and his lady. I was with a friend i picked up from the golf course. he didnt really seem like he wanted any so i just kept ahead of him with a nice little punch off the line.

Next light he wants some  and i didnt think he did. He takes off on me a little 1/2 a truck legnth and i punch it andpull a good legnth or two on him he gave up after about 60 though ,easy kill thanks to the awd . Better luck next year :yellow_loser:

1-2 lengths? I seriously doubt that. Next time run someone who is actually running you. Since we all know these trucks are almost identical in speed, I don't see you pulling on one unless your not stock.

PS.

RollingSSHard, SS's are so fun to smoke! :)

:cheers:

Why are you taking these posts so personally, people have runs all the time, don't suddenly shoot down peoples claims all the time. If you say the SS is just like a titan you can think that, I haven't dissected your dyno run and said thats not true. Give this thing a rest, as I said for rich if all your going to do is continuously pitch about your truck and bash ours, its redundant and pointless. You only spend time in the street forum trying to prove to us that your truck is better, gets repetitive and boring.

Titan Tx how is it showing disrespect by saying an SS beat a titan in a race. Your the one who diagreed and said that the power is the same so it can't be. I myself have seen these titans at the track running consistant 15.8.

Then please do the same for us and give our truck respect. I have given yours on almost every post till now respect.  I am not rich as you can see from all my posts.  I like the SS, just didn';t know I could get it for under 40k.  But it upsets me when people bash other brands for stupid reasons.

just got done playing a round of golf, and i pull up to the first light and rev on a crew cab titan witha guy and his lady. I was with a friend i picked up from the golf course. he didnt really seem like he wanted any so i just kept ahead of him with a nice little punch off the line.

Next light he wants some  and i didnt think he did. He takes off on me a little 1/2 a truck legnth and i punch it andpull a good legnth or two on him he gave up after about 60 though ,easy kill thanks to the awd . Better luck next year :yellow_loser:

1-2 lengths? I seriously doubt that. Next time run someone who is actually running you. Since we all know these trucks are almost identical in speed, I don't see you pulling on one unless your not stock.

PS.

RollingSSHard, SS's are so fun to smoke! :)

:cheers:

Why are you taking these posts so personally, people have runs all the time, don't suddenly shoot down peoples claims all the time. If you say the SS is just like a titan you can think that, I haven't dissected your dyno run and said thats not true. Give this thing a rest, as I said for rich if all your going to do is continuously pitch about your truck and bash ours, its redundant and pointless. You only spend time in the street forum trying to prove to us that your truck is better, gets repetitive and boring.

I have never bashed your nissan truck. You've got to expect some of this brand loyalty as this is a Sillverado SS forum. Ford, Dodge, Nissan and Toyota forums all are the same everyone thinks they have the best truck on the road. I bet theres just as much GM truck bashing over on the Nissan forum too. It shouldn't be taken so personally, theres people on this site who don't drive a GM truck and are still are great members of the forum. Let it go before the thread gets locked up and get back on topic to giving 04CHASE the props on his kill and not trying to rip his claims apart.

sorry but it did happen i was there, were you there? maybe he had two other fat chicks in his bed that were slowing him down i dont know but i do know is i beat him by a good amount 1-2 legnths , so what it wasnt your titan so who cares just go to a ttian forum and post how you killed an SS . it doesent bother me any. you dont see me going over there and state oh he is a liar he didnt win by that much. just put yourself in our shoes for a minute.

Not every truck that rolls off the line is the same ... looks at Ginny's SS .... it is hot right off the line, others a average, and some are slower. Titans are the same way .... Unless you were there Titan_TX ... STFU

Titan_TX, I understand why you come to this board, being banned on yours and all.

On this site no respect outside of a SS truck, which if you didn't know this is SilveradoSS.com, needs to be shown.

If you want to come here, then you have to put up with it, just as I would on your site. Me on a Ford site, Dodge site, - you get the picture. The SS site has a forum for things like street racing. This is where we come to post our encounters.

If you don't agree with them, that is fine. Just don't start posting wars of point and counterpoint. It's BS! Take the threads for what they are, just someone reporting what happened. Remember, you weren't there. So how do you know how bad one was beat?

I am sure that there is bashing a plenty of every other brand other than a Titan on the Titan site. I know there is. I go there when I'm really bored.

Titan_TX, I understand why you come to this board, being banned on yours and all.

On this site no respect outside of a SS truck, which if you didn't know this is SilveradoSS.com, needs to be shown.

If you want to come here, then you have to put up with it, just as I would on your site.  Me on a Ford site, Dodge site, - you get the picture.  The SS site has a forum for things like street racing.  This is where we come to post our encounters.

If you don't agree with them, that is fine.  Just don't start posting wars of point and counterpoint.  It's BS!  Take the threads for what they are, just someone reporting what happened.  Remember, you weren't there.  So how do you know how bad one was beat?

I am sure that there is bashing a plenty of every other brand other than a Titan on the Titan site.  I know there is.  I go there when I'm really bored.

Very well put Ben.

But in order for him to understand STFU. :troll:

:withstupid: yeah i have to say i agree on everything that has been said, deal with it on your own sight instead of causing chaos here. Has anyone else actually went over to that titan sight and read this guys posts. Everything is the same with him. I finally did it after reading all these posts about who beat another titan, dodge etc. and he keeps popping up with some sort of great knowledge that no one else seems to have. Blah Blah Blah go back to titan.....com

I'm done, no more posts from me on this topic :eek:

Just a general comment. We are all kinda on the honor system here; we trust that what gets posted about street encounters is as accurate as possible.

Noone is more objectively critical of outlandish claims than the SSS owner/members on this board. For example, when a guy in an SSS with no mods claims to have outrun a Lightning or another guy claims to have gone 185 mph in his truck, fellow SSS owners are the first to respectfully raise the B.S. flag.

Unfortunately, there is nothing outlandish about a more or less stock SSS beating a Titan. From the hard evidence I have seen Titans are on average at least 0.5 sec slower in the 1/4. By Nissan's own claims they have what, 40 less HP at the crank? Saying they dyno about the same as an SSS is I think misleading or even impossible to acertain unless a Titan were to be tested in part-time 4WD for comparison.

If a Titan owner wants to come on the board and post about SSS kills, fine. Stock for stock, with a good driver in the former and a bad in the latter it may be possible. But, I think it makes no sense to keep making claims that a Titan is just as fast or as powerful when there is plenty of evidence to the contrary. I think it's indulging in wishful thinking.

These repeated claims and disputes border on desperation. If you have closet buyer's remorse, you might want to keep it on the Titan Forum and avoid further embarassment. :)

with respect to the titan...for the first time out they did a very good job putting a truck together...better than dodge has done in however many years they have been around...

that being said...i have taken down a few titans...a few of the new f150s...plenty of hemi's...it all depends on the day..unless you have your truck modded out...and do not expect to loose on any given day...

and the agrument about price is worthless...the sticker on the SS is $4Xk...i sure as hell didn't spend that kind of money on my truck. i would have never bought it...but i got a deal...

if someone really wanted an SS they would make a deal with the dealer...and get what they want...or they can settle for something else...i certainly wasn't willing to..the only thing that i would have settled for is a EXT...but i wanted something different..something not everyone had...so i opted for the SS...

Archived