Which one?

TwRChevy

i believe you would have to send in your old module i had mine done at pcm forless i went right to bryan he is just outside of philly pa. just took module out and reprogramed it then put it back in. i was concerned about waranty also, he said the dealer would never even know that it was tuned. although if for some reason you have to reset your computer at the dealer it would wipe out his tune.

PCMforless should be able to send you a pre-programmed PCM without you sending yours in.

Plus he is a site sponsor here... I would go with him. (Actually already have)

Call or e-mail and ask Bryan. See the link on the left side of your screen <----

I have a Nelson Performance tune which Allen sent out without me even sending him the core or charging me first. I actually ended up keeping my stock one for the same reason as you. As far as I know, upgraded tunes are also sent first that way there is no down time. :thumbs:

Late- Alex

I would pick up a used PCM from a bone yard to send as the core.

It can be out of any full size '03-'04 GM truck.

I just bought an another last week for $70.

Now I have 3 total, stock, Westers' tune, and this one to take to Allen @ Nelson to tune live.

WW :cool:

Do you have to have 2 PCM's? I was wondering if you can just keep one, have Bryan save the stock settings and have 2 files with stock and "tuned". Then use your laptop and tuning software to flash the ss when you have to take it to the dealer and flash it back to "tuned" afterwards. Is this a possibility or will the PCM suffer from all the flashing? Also what's the down side to just using 1 PCM and flashing it before and after dealer visits.

You don't have to have 2, I kept the stock one just to keep it.

And if I got rid of the truck I'd swap it back quick.

As soon as some money falls out the sky I'm going to carry this 3rd box to Allen.

I've been wanting to get a live tune for awhile, just to compare the two.

$70 for the box, that's cheap.

WW :cool:

Do you have to have 2 PCM's? I was wondering if you can just keep one, have Bryan save the stock settings and have 2 files with stock and "tuned". Then use your laptop and tuning software to flash the ss when you have to take it to the dealer and flash it back to "tuned" afterwards. Is this a possibility or will the PCM suffer from all the flashing? Also what's the down side to just using 1 PCM and flashing it before and after dealer visits.

No downside to flashing numerous times. But, if you had the capability, no need to re-flash with a different tune, just because you're going into the dealer. If by chance they did flash over your tune, you could just flash back over with the performance tune, but only if they messed with it.

It can be out of any full size '03-'04 GM truck...

Just to clarify...

This can be any motor, any transmission, etc...???

ex: PCM from a '03 1500 short cab w/ the 4.8 motor (4X4 or not, auto trans only???)...???

Let me know, thanks.

- Brian

No downside to flashing numerous times. But, if you had the capability, no need to re-flash with a different tune, just because you're going into the dealer. If by chance they did flash over your tune, you could just flash back over with the performance tune, but only if they messed with it.

Thanks for the info Ben. You would think I would have thought about that. I guess I don't want the dealer to know I've had the PCM tuned. I like having that warranty umbrella hanging over me....for at least another 17,000 miles or so. What can a dealer do to know for sure you have a custom tuned PCM? If there's little chance of them finding out and little chance they can prove it, I'll go with just one PCM and put the extra $$$ toward a good cause :devil:

Archived