corsa VS gibson and mod questions

whats up all.. well the bug to mod has hit me.. i didnt think it would with this truck but it has lol.. i had a 88 firebird that ran 12's with mildly built 406.. so modding isnt new to me or my fiance that hates me for doing it lol. but anyways, exhaust question.. i want something that is louder than stock but i guess i am over wanting to hear it in the cab of the truck.. call me getting older i guess.. i hear both gibson and corsa make a good system.. what sounds deeper and will give me a better tone and performance?

next question.. air intakes.. i like the looks of the series 77 made by K&N. is that system anygood? i can get a heck of a deal at the local parts store i have a buddy that works there. if there is something better what is it??

next question.. underdrive pullies.. i had them on my stock bird motor that was tpi.. made a heck of a difference pulled really hard, but cruising around it ran hotter than normal.. michigan summers can be really hot! also the volt gauge was all over the place i think this is normal with the pulley systems anyways. i have always ran march pulley systems are there better systems? or does march make a good kit?? most kits are a 3 pulley system? that is what i had on my bird..

last question for now.. should all these mods make a difference in performance? i know they did on my firebird but ever vehicle is different. i guess i am looking to throw some money into it soon just curious if u guys could help me out tell me some places to look for this stuff and if there are better products than what i am looking at thanks

jamie

Look Around at Dealerships For a Demo Ride

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lots of GM dealers are getting demos and\or purchasing catbacks from Corsa and adding 20 inch wheels to dress up show room models. As with myself, folks are reporting having no trouble getting a test or demo ride. Most are getting the sport (louder) edition of the Corsa catback. I have seen and ridden in a ECSB with a dual rear exit Sport edition. More raspy than my Touring Edition single side exit.

What it sounds like you are looking for describes the Corsa Touring (quieter) edition I have on my truck. See my signature.

Just loud enough in the cab at normal city speeds to indicate it is there. At highway cruise speeds it is silent in the cab. When you floor it and it gets to the mid to upper revs it opens up nicely.

At it's loudest in the cab, one does not need to speak any louder or run the volume up on the audio.

Just got to go to or call around the local Chevy and GMC dealerships service or parts counters and ask if they have a truck on the lot with a Corsa on it. I seen one at my dealership and expressed I was interested but needed to hear it from in the cab first. He took me for a ride in it. The sport is a tad louder in the cab and lots louder outside than the Touring.

Gibson? I had one on my 97 5.7 ECSB and it was too quiet outside and too loud inside. It hit the dirt and I went back to stock.

Route 66, i am in michigan aswell... i have corsa (sport) if you want to hear it sometime.... I am more than pleased with it... not heard much if at all in the cab, but nice rumble outside for people to notice you, i love the initial "grumble" it makes at start up / idle.... and it grunts nice into gears. As for intake... i used to run an AEM brute force... loved the sound and performance of that aswell.... like i said if you want to hear my truck sometime or check it out feel free!!!

i have the k and n 77 series for my truck, and i like it alot. first off , it looks great with the polished model. secondly, the sound is awesome!! it is very noticable to hear the engine sucking in globs of air. third off, SOTP, i felt the truck grab much better of the line, but of course that is SOTP. i would defiantly reccomend it though. just be sure to keep it nice and oiled up to catch that dirt.

whats up all.. well the bug to mod has hit me.. i didnt think it would with this truck but it has lol.. i had a 88 firebird that ran 12's with mildly built 406.. so modding isnt new to me or my fiance that hates me for doing it lol. but anyways,  exhaust question.. i want something that is louder than stock but i guess i am over wanting to hear it in the cab of the truck.. call me getting older i guess.. i hear both gibson and corsa make a good system.. what sounds deeper and will give me a better tone and performance? 

next question.. air intakes.. i like the looks of the series 77 made by K&N. is that system anygood? i can get a heck of a deal at the local parts store i have a buddy that works there.  if there is something better what is it??

next  question.. underdrive pullies.. i had them on my stock  bird motor that was tpi.. made a heck of a difference pulled really hard, but cruising around it ran hotter than normal.. michigan summers can be really hot!  also the volt gauge was all over the place i think this is normal with the pulley systems anyways. i have always ran march pulley systems are there better systems? or does march make a good kit?? most kits are a 3 pulley system? that is what i had on my bird..

last question for now.. should all these mods make a difference in performance? i know they did on my firebird but ever vehicle is different. i guess i am looking to throw some money into it soon just curious if u guys could help me out tell me some places to look for this stuff and if there are better products than what i am looking at thanks

jamie

Archived