My Room/Home Theater

ThePDB

I just bought a 50" DLP RCA tv and it's awesome.... I looked at the projectors... thier much better then they use to be... If you haven't looked at the new tv lately their much better than they use to be... smaller, better pictures and longer life... Just make sure you have the HDTV tuner built into whatever you buy... otherwise your tv won't be able to pick up HD signals.... you would have to buy a separate one or get one from you cable company...

I just bought a 50" DLP RCA tv and it's awesome.... I looked at the projectors... thier much better then they use to be... If you haven't looked at the new tv lately their much better than they use to be... smaller, better pictures and longer life... Just make sure you have the HDTV tuner built into whatever you buy... otherwise your tv won't be able to pick up HD signals.... you would have to buy a separate one or get one from you cable company...

Ya, the price drop on projectors, and even big screens for that matter is amazing. Plasmas used to be rediculous, now they are more affordable. I guess that goes with anything technology related, theres always something new and improved.

cool set up i am jellose

Thanks! It's the 1 really nice thing about having a dad with a construction company. I've worked for him for 8 years now. We built the house 3 years ago, and I knew exactly how I wanted it to be before we even had a hole in the ground. The door on the right hand side goes into my walk in closet, and from there, there is a door to get behind the tv where all the wires are... makes it TONS easier to play with everything.

DSC00127.jpg

I've been thinking about a front end projector for a while, I've had this setup for almost 3 years now.  A friend of mine has a sanyo (I'm not sure what model) he loves it though.  Chad

what all is there in equipt? speakers, amps, tv and such... Just wondering . -C-

what all is there in equipt? speakers, amps, tv and such... Just wondering . -C-

Onkyo TX XR600 I know, I know, only 6.1 but i've had it for like 2 years, it's the best recieve ever. Theres not one thing I don't love about it.

RCA 52" tv

Bose Acoustamass 600 plus the vcs 10 center

Bose 701 Series 2 tower speakers.

Sony 12" powered sub ( not in the picture ) SA-WM40

Sony 300 disc cd changer

Sony 400 disc DVD changer

And about 340 DVDS. Thats my bad habbit. Some people smoke, some drink... I just buy dvds.

In my bathroom I have the bose soundock (the one for the 4G ipods) that thing is amazing! I have the bose companion3 for the computer... those are even more amazing. They are about the size of a credit card, but with the powered sub they sound awesome. As for dylan not commenting... I read a post a while back about his opinion of bose... I'm sure he'll have a lot to say :)

:P

I'm not the authority on it... if it sounds good to you thats what really matters. I have customers that spend upwards of $500-750k on thier systems and others that spend $20-30k... to be honest... some of the lower $$$ systems sound better for everyday use.

Theres nothing wrong w/ a BOSE system for a basic, plug-n-play, one box solution type system they're great. My issue w/ BOSE is that they're not the ulitmate in sound like most people think, but they are good.

One things for sure... your system looks nice and well put together... good job! :cheers:

:P

I'm not the authority on it... if it sounds good to you thats what really matters. I have customers that spend upwards of $500-750k on thier systems and others that spend $20-30k... to be honest... some of the lower $$$ systems sound better for everyday use.

Theres nothing wrong w/ a BOSE system for a basic, plug-n-play, one box solution type system they're great. My issue w/ BOSE is that they're not the ulitmate in sound like most people think, but they are good.

One things for sure... your system looks nice and well put together... good job!  :cheers:

Thanks!!!

:cheers: In the bedroom no less  :cheers: Awesome

Haha, I bought 2.5 acres last april. With my skills I learned from working with my dad we built my brothers house 4 years ago nights and weekends labor free, And the house were living at now 3 years ago the same way. I get the same gift whenever I decide to build. The joke in my family is that I'll never leave the house. My room is 16x22 in the walkout basement, and I have my own 7x13 bathroom right outside the door. They treat me good at home... I might just have to stay for a while :)

Thanks for all the compiments! I did all the work myself. It's nice to hear positive feedback every now and then.

Archived