Powerdyne supercharger?

I just saw one of the powerdyne installs on a 2002 denali with a 6.0L in it in the latest "Truckin" magazine, and they went through how to install it. Of course though they didn't have any performance data, or boost #'s. I wonder if they really can push the air or not, because my old 350 pushed 9 psi with a normal BD-11A head unit, and I still had a step smaller pulley that I could have gotten. I guess these engines just take that much more air.

I just saw one of the powerdyne installs on a 2002 denali with a 6.0L in it in the latest "Truckin" magazine, and they went through how to install it.  Of course though they didn't have any performance data, or boost #'s.  I wonder if they really can push the air or not, because my old 350 pushed 9 psi with a normal BD-11A head unit, and I still had a step smaller pulley that I could have gotten.  I guess these engines just take that much more air.

I think it's more that these engines flow so well already, getting high numbers for boost may not always be attainable.

well for airflow differences the older 5.7 show up just in hp. the most recent truck 5.7 was 255hp and the LQ9 is 345hp to start with. that's 90hp worth of airflow to start with. obviously not all blowers even being the same model will have the same output and if you get a really good unit you might be able to push 6-7psi out of it, but that'd be all you're sqeaking out. you'd certainly be way better off going with the larger head unit to start with. i don't think there is anything wrong with powerdyne, it's simply the choice of unit used for the application.

Archived