Odd question about SS from the new guy

AAAAAAA

Hey guys, thinking of gettnig a SS and plan on keeping it for a very long while, but since I will eventually have a familly, I was wondering if you can put child seats in the back without a problem?

Thank you.

I doubt the SS is different than a Silverado 2500 duramax but I have both and we've put my brothers daughter in her seat back there. The 3/4 ton has the latch system... I know I've seen the hooks in the front seat on the SS. I'm sure you can put a childseat in the back! You can fit 4 people and the child seat somewhat comfortably. Hope that helps.

Here's my $.02.

Yeah, you can put child safety seats in the back, and it does work.

Just be prepared to put the front seats WAAAAY up if it is rear facing (as it has to be if the kid is under 1 year and under 20lbs). Though you can put it in the center if you only have one in the vehicle, as the top of the seat will fit just between the two front seats above the console.

And, even if they are forward facing, you will give up some room in the front to clear the kid's feet.

I've made it work for a while, with a 2.5 year old (forward facing) and a 6 month old (rear facing - in the middle). It is tight, but it works.

Hope this helps.

I have had a baby seat in the SS since day 2. I will agree with the previous posts, if you have a forward facing seat - the front SS seat will need to be set forward for leg clearance on your little one. My daughter (2yrs) gets muddy footprints all over the back of the passenger seat! :banghead:

I have an Eddie Bauer seat that matches the grey interior perfectly! Little tip: lay a blanket under the seat before installing it. The baby seat will rub the "pleather" rear seat to death :sigh:

Here's my $.02.

Yeah, you can put child safety seats in the back, and it does work.

Just be prepared to put the front seats WAAAAY up if it is rear facing (as it has to be if the kid is under 1 year and under 20lbs). Though you can put it in the center if you only have one in the vehicle, as the top of the seat will fit just between the two front seats above the console.

And, even if they are forward facing, you will give up some room in the front to clear the kid's feet.

I've made it work for a while, with a 2.5 year old (forward facing) and a  6 month old (rear facing - in the middle). It is tight, but it works.

Hope this helps.

That's exactly what we've done. It can be cramped on long trips, but not bad.

Archived