Droppin in on the enemy...

RedRT

:cheers: j/k... just sayin hi to you guys... i plan on slumming around here when im bored, just to chat it up a bit. Not here to start anything, its not my house.

Anyone in NC? Jacksonville area?... i didnt see a 'regional' forum, maybe i didnt look hard enough.

well... hi!

pete

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never heard them called that before.  I have known a few people that have been scared to fly in them.  I always thought they were a smooth ride.

Thanks for serving :flag:

no need to thank me guy.. youve got 20+ years in, im only workin on 3.

never heard them called phrogs?... hmm. I always thought it was an extremely common name... being they're 40 years old last summer.

i love it. the new pilots scare me 1000x more than the plane ever will. im more afraid of the osprey than anything. 46's are actually extremely forgiving platforms. easy to work on, etc... I wouldnt trade mine for the world.

we just did a .50 cal gun run today... man, that never gets old... letting loose 12.7mm rounds at 2775 FPS... gives me a woody every time. i can never get to sleep afterwards.. so wound up.

pete

never heard them called phrogs?... hmm.  I always thought it was an extremely common name... being they're 40 years old last summer.

we just did a .50 cal gun run today... man, that never gets old... letting loose 12.7mm rounds at 2775 FPS... gives me a woody every time.  i can never get to sleep afterwards.. so wound up.

pete

I'm sure it's just something I missed, lol. The only time I have really been around them was just to get a ride to one ship or the other while at sea. Been about 4 years.

Any time you can go out and shoot / blow stuff up has got to be awesome. Cleaning the guns afterwards always sucked. We had 12 M16M1s at one of my old commands. It was always easier to finish the case up than counting what was left. I've put 400-500 rounds through one on full auto. Nothing like what you're talking about though.

thats a lot of rounds for that old POS, lol...

usually we can squeak by without cleaning them.. gotta give the ordies something to do. when we go out, 1500 rounds minimum. 5 or 6 flybys usually does the trick. we only have 100 round cans, and reloading can be tricky sometimes if the gun doesnt wanna cooperate.

pete

Archived