Smokey finally got me

dcairns

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At some point, isn't it wreckless driving?

Late-  Alex

usually over 100 is considered reckless driving and you get your license suspended. i like benkey's idea but it might be more trouble than its worth, Sorry to hear about the ticket, have you gone to traffic school in the last 18 months?

Had many tickets like your and most of the time you can talk to the officer before court and have them drop the speed you were doing to something slower so your fine is cheaper and you get less points.  Good Luck with that

So you have to find him in the hall and give him a box of doughnuts? :jester:

Had many tickets like your and most of the time you can talk to the officer before court and have them drop the speed you were doing to something slower so your fine is cheaper and you get less points.  Good Luck with that

So you have to find him in the hall and give him a box of doughnuts? :jester:

And a cup of coffee.

Whats this traffic school stuff? I've had to take a few testsd before for having to many points so it would lower my points back down but no school. The tests were so stupid a 1st grader would of been able to pass it.

Like I said before, i've always contacted the officer who had wrote the tickets and it always seemed to work out for the better part.

That tickets going to cost some cash, I got a ticket in the SS the day I brought it home :banghead: . I suspect that ticket will be around 300 dollars. I've use the "faulty equipment violation" before on the 2500hd before, first I talked to the crown prosecutor and he said to get our speedo checked out and pay a 150 dollars equipment violations charge rather than face the demerits and fine for a heftier ticket. Instead of reprogram the PCM we put on a pair of 20 inch rims, when we did the speed test, it showed the speedo was off by quite a margin and I brought the report to the prosecutor and got just the violation charge, and then switched the rims.

Whats this traffic school stuff?  I've had to take a few testsd before for having to many points so it would lower my points back down but no school.  The tests were so stupid a 1st grader would of been able to pass it. 

Like I said before, i've always contacted the officer who had wrote the tickets and it always seemed to work out for the better part.

Well different states have different laws/systems I guess in california if you don't have any tickets on your record for a certain period of time you are eligable for traffic school where they talk about different things to do with traffic laws (sounds boring huh?). Well there are many different kinds of traffic school I have been to comedy traffic school once before and it was great an 8hr class and all we did was laugh our a$$ off all day, I am going to be attending comedy traffic school again this time!

You can ask for records of their log book. They are supposed to log that the gun was calibrated before every shift they use it. If their records show they didn't calibrate it, then your off the hook. I got out of one like this when I first had got my chevelle. 61mph in a 35mph zone. They carry the book in the cars that have the radar guns in it at all time.

• 3 weeks later...

Since I had a "mandatory court appearance" that is obviously intended to be part of the "punishment", I decided to plead not guilty and do a trial by written declaration. Nothing to lose by trying and since they were forcing me to participate in the justice system, why not have some fun, I might even learn something about the justice system

I was amazed that I was lucky enough to be called up in the first group. The judge was like a well oiled machine.. "have you been to traffic school in the last 18 months?, Would you like to attend?, Go see the clerk... next". The judge seemed a bit miffed that I was pleading not guilty and asked if I had told the clerk that I was going to plead not guilty. Somehow that did not come up with the clerk, besides, with a mandatory court appearance (arraignment) you make your plea to the actual judge, not the clerk. Anyway, I later read that the courts like to put all the folks who plead not guilty at the end of the court session. No doubt they realize that sitting around in a court room (where you are not even allowed to read) is an extra disincentive from seeking to challenge to the charges. It is stuff like that, that will ease my guilt if I manage to get my charges dismissed. In any event, the whole thing has had the desired effect, I am taking it easy on the accelerator now.

Man. Other states sure seem easy to get out of stuff.

Here in MA:

- 20 over is wreckless.

- You pay the fine, or go to court and fight it. If you're found guilty (or you admit to it by paying) you get points on your insurance, which will go up and cost another ~$600 over the next few years, per speeding ticket on your average vehicle.

- There is no going to school to get out of tickets. You do go to school as one last step before losing your license - three moving violations in a two year span. I had to go.

- They bring your "old" court cases into court each time you go - no re-using excuses.

Archived