Smokey finally got me

dcairns

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think itll probably be in the 300 range. I hadnt had a ticket in 19 yrs, til I tried to race a high school cop here in Cali---I made fun of his authority and he spanked me for it, called in a Chippie to do it for him. I admitted to 62 in a 50 but I was doing every bit of the 71 he said I was. I let them have their fun.

Either way, I learned my lesson.

And will not be getting papered in my SS :)

About a week after I had got my chevelle, I had two motor cycle cops pull up next to me at a light. They were looking over my car and yelled something at me. Being only 16 at the time, a cautiously rolled down the window and they started to ask me about my car, like what size was the motor, and if I had restored the car myself. We talked for a minute and they started to rev their bikes and looked over at me and gave me a nod, like I said I had only had the car for a week and was only 16 so when the light turned green, I took of at a slow pace, but the cops didn't. They took of at full throttle and left me behind. That was only about one of 4-5 times that cops tried to race me in that car, I never once took a challenge, for I didn't want to take a chance and get a ticket.

That's pretty good, FAS...

I had a similar thing with my '70 Olds Cutlass. I spend most of the evening putting on half of an exhaust system from the headers back. I just left the mufflers dumped, and went for a ride around 10:30 at night. I got on it for a SECOND down one straightaway, and I roll around the corner about a half mile away to see a cop on the side doing radar. I was never speeding or anything, but he pulled me over.

He says, "Your exhaust is a little loud... I heard you drop it down a gear about a half mile up the road..." I just kind of grinned... "That thing sounds sweet, what do you have done to it?"

He didn't check anything, not my license or nothing. He just told me to try to keep it quiet after 10pm so nobody complains.

i was clocked at 140mph in a 55, the ticket was 400, the lawyer was 750 and i had to go to court, was my first offense so i walked, but still had to pay the fine and the lawyer do the math that sucked but i won the race, it was in a construction zone to, he he :banghead:

Archived