Alarms

chevygal

Ok guys, what vehicle alarm systems do you recommend? I don't care about price, I just want something that will protect my SS. I'd like something that can notify me on a keychain beeper or something like that, if someone is even touching my SS.

Thanks!

Ok guys, what vehicle alarm systems do you recommend?  I don't care about price, I just want something that will protect my SS.  I'd like something that can notify me on a keychain beeper or something like that, if someone is even touching my SS.

Thanks!

I have a Code Alarm with a remote starter on one of my other cars. I'm not sure if they make any remotes with the display. Never had any problems with Code though, then again, I never drive the car either... so who knows. I wish I could be of more help.

Ok guys, what vehicle alarm systems do you recommend?  I don't care about price, I just want something that will protect my SS.  I'd like something that can notify me on a keychain beeper or something like that, if someone is even touching my SS.

Thanks!

Viper, Python, or Clifford. IMO these are the best.

I don't use an alarm. I use practical common sense. I don't leave my truck unlocked. I park in well lit areas, and don't go to shady looking places. I haven't had any close encounters with truck theives to date... knock on wood! I really don't leave it parked anywhere but my garage for long periods of time.

I know this isn't particularly helpful to this post topic, but it is a possibility to consider. I keep really close tabs on my truck and it's worked so far. :cheers:

The city I work in isn't the nicest place and I have to park on the street, sometimes two or three blocks away from my office, so my truck is out of view. I know it has the base alarm but that's nothing to a car theif that really wants to steal the truck. I have been taking the bus to work since I bought it rather than have to sit and worry all day that someone is messing with it. I know Onstar has the vehicle tracking but if they break the antenna, then it's useless. I was thinking of lojack but as I said, I really want something with a key chain or pager that can let me know if I'm say in a restaurant or somewhere that I can't see my truck.

I don't use an alarm. I use practical common sense. I don't leave my truck unlocked. I park in well lit areas, and don't go to shady looking places. I haven't had any close encounters with truck theives to date... knock on wood!  I really don't leave it parked anywhere but my garage for long periods of time.

I know this isn't particularly helpful to this post topic, but it is a possibility to consider. I keep really close tabs on my truck and it's worked so far.  :cheers:

I am the same way, but I have not had the good luck you have had!

I don't use an alarm. I use practical common sense. I don't leave my truck unlocked. I park in well lit areas, and don't go to shady looking places. I haven't had any close encounters with truck theives to date... knock on wood!  I really don't leave it parked anywhere but my garage for long periods of time.

I know this isn't particularly helpful to this post topic, but it is a possibility to consider. I keep really close tabs on my truck and it's worked so far.  :cheers:

I am the same way, but I have not had the good luck you have had!

Hey Aspen,

I had my 91 Silverado broken into. They threw a brick through the drivers side window, took my wallet with 200.00 plus dollars in it, and a pair of Nikon sunglasses, and a cordless drill-driver I had just put in the truck. They broke in while I was running our printing press at work less than 25 feet from where I parked the truck. I never heard a thing. Only time I was broken into. They did almost 1500.00 damage to the truck, and got about 500.00 worth of stuff. Then they responed to an award ad I put in our paper. I got my wallet back minus the cash, But the cops couldn't nail 'em for it. Go figure!

So I haven't been all lucky! I'm just a lot more aware of my surroundings now!

See ya... :seeya:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived