Another Dodge Appearance package

ChevySSandChevy8.1

Hemi Ram Daytona, reminicent of the charger daytona, I think it doesn't look that bad. It seems that Dodge is putting out tons of appearance packages.

Doddge Ram Daytona

50_10.JPG

Charger%20Daytona%20Lg.jpg

Also I found a TT SRT-10 QC on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4529783499&rd=1

edit: That TT Ram apparently runs a 10.8 at the 1/4 just saw he posted a slip.

They are also doing the Daytona Ram in a Reg. Cab.

840736DodgeRamDaytona__mid.jpg

840875dodgeramdaytonawing__mid.jpg

840884silverdodgeramdaytona__mid.jpg

Dodge Revs Up Iconic Muscle-Era Performance Package with Introduction of All-New 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona

Limited-edition Dodge Ram draws inspiration from winged 1969 Dodge Charger race car

Dodge dealers to take delivery of first 75 production Dodge Ram Daytona models in ceremonial parade lap at Daytona International Speedway

Auburn Hills, Mich., Feb 17, 2005 - Building on its storied legacy of power and performance, Dodge is bringing the historic Daytona nameplate to the Dodge Ram line of pickup trucks. The limited-edition 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona, with legendary HEMI® power and bold Daytona-inspired styling, draws further attention to the Ram 1500's leadership claim as the most powerful light-duty pickup truck on the market.

"The all-new, limited-edition 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona has a bold, race-inspired attitude for customers seeking a performance-packaged pickup like no other," said Darryl Jackson, Vice President, Dodge Marketing, Chrysler Group. "With 20-inch chrome wheels, a unique custom paint job and a huge rear spoiler, the Dodge Ram Daytona will turn heads on the street and on the track at Daytona."

The 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona is instantly recognizable with its massive 11-inch rear spoiler and complementary flat-black graphics on the bed sides, reminiscent of the 1969 winged Dodge Charger. Other noticeable features include a performance-style hood scoop, rear side-exiting twin chrome tips from the Borla® exhaust, body-colored grille and tail lamp guards, and 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels.

Two compelling colors will be offered with the all-new 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona: Go ManGo! or Silver Metallic. The exterior color also appears on the center bezel on the dash. The 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona will be a limited-edition model, and will feature a numbered plaque on the dash.

The 2005 Ram Daytona is available as a 4x4 or 4x2 and in regular cab or Quad Cab® body styles with the six-foot, three-inch bed. The regular cab features molded side sills while the Quad Cab includes a running board.

Included in the Daytona package is the 5.7-liter HEMI engine with 345 horsepower and 375 lb.-ft of torque coupled with a 5-speed automatic transmission and 3.92:1 rear axle ratio.

The first 75 production 2005 Ram Daytona models will debut just prior to the Florida Dodge Dealers 250 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race at Daytona International Speedway this Friday, Feb. 18. Prior to the race, Dodge Ram Daytona models with plaque numbers one through 75 will take a ceremonial parade lap to mark the vehicle's "special delivery" to the Southeast regional Dodge dealers.

The 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona is on sale now and is priced from $32,000.

2005 Dodge Ram Daytona Feature Highlights:

MODELS:

Ram Regular Cab, Short Box

Ram Quad Cab, Short Box

4x2 or 4x4

POWERTRAIN:

5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engine with five-speed automatic transmission

EXTERIOR:

Performance-style hood scoop

Body-color grille and taillamp guards

Daytona wing spoiler

20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels

Chrome-tipped Borla® exhaust

Colors: Go ManGo! or Bright Silver Metallic

INTERIOR:

Premium cloth seating in Dark Slate Gray

Instrument panel with body-color bezel accents

Sequentially numbered IP plaque

PRICE:

From $32,000 to $39,000

Dodge Brand:

With a U.S. market share of approximately seven percent, Dodge is Chrysler Group's best-selling brand and the fifth-largest nameplate in the U.S. automotive market. In 2004, Dodge sold more than 1.4 million vehicles. Dodge continues to lead the minivan market segment with a 20 percent U.S. market share and maintains an 18 percent share of the highly competitive truck market. In 2006, Dodge will enter key European volume segments.

DaimlerChrysler Media

A QC Ram 'Daytona' is a waste of time. It's all graphics 'n shizzle but it's still gonna be a stone, no matter what they do to it. That 'wing' appears to have been borrowed from the SRT-10. I get these dudes in the parkin' lots: 'You got a hemi in that? I tell 'em: "No... I have more cubic inches 'n it's faster." They just give me a blank stare. Realistically... stock to stock I think the Silverado SS 'n the Ram hemi are on par. Modified... I think the Chevy's would take 'em easily. Most hemi Ram owners that I've had contact with are not that mechanically inclined. The PCM/ECU on the Ram's is the major cork in the bottle. The nose has the aerodynamics of a brick. There's just too much frontal area. You guys wouldn't believe what some of these people do to their trucks on DTW (Dodge Truck World). The 'advice' is even worse. I have no idea what Daimler-Chrysler is thinkin' in the board rooms... but they gotta quit smokin' that stuff or they're gonna lose a lot of new customers.

Archived