New track times

Wizard

Went to the track today, it was nice and cool in the morning. Truck went real good with a time of 13.506 @ 98.90mph. 60' = 2.022. :thumbs: The Procharger and tranny mods dropped the truck from a previous 14.80. I love it when the truck starts up and people turn their heads and wonder what the "whine" noise is all about.

Wizard

Not bad for running on 22's. I saw a L run 13.1. So now its back to the drawing board, or should I say the pocket book. I would really like to see some 12's. But I was really pleased today.

Wizard

Did you spin on the launch? I have a best 60" of 2.00 and my truck has run a best of 14.52. I'm not doubting your times, just curious that's all. BTW...I'm not 100% sure that the track where I had the 2.00 60" is actually60". Alot of people feel they mis-measured it.

Great times anywho.

:thumbs:

Wizard,

Nice work my man! I am still waiting to get the nice weather for the track to re-open. Now that my motor isn't smoking I'm thinking I can do better than the 13.7 @ 98. So you got me by a few tenths right now. :P

So everything is shifting good no problems so far? That is my next endeavor is to get the internals done with a new clutch pack and band. :happysad:

Do you still have the same rolling diameter with your Motoforge wheels as compared to stock?

Either way I'm happy for you :flag:

racerbubba, I also had something like a 2.01 60' so Wizard's times seem good.

The 305/40/22's are the same size as the stock 20's. The converter is stock for now. I have been thinking about doing e-fans, headers and high-flow cats.(damn this stuff is addicting). I had another run and got 1.99 as a 60 ft time, but the time was 2/10 slower. The truck is shifting great. It does seem to have softened up a little, but I couldn't be happier. :driving:

Wizard

I am also very curious to see what our trucks would do Wizard with a good set of headers since you and I have stock manifolds and the exact same setup so far. I can't remember if SSilverado60 had headers or not with his 13.5 sec time. I haven't been able to run my truck with the gutted cats yet though not sure if it would help at all.

Boost though, like Benkey asked, around 9-10 psi??

With a stall and headers I would put money on a flat 13 sec truck though. Soon enough, it is way too addicting though :driving:

Archived