Garage

SS Silv

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hehe I only got 2" to spare with mine inside---anyone else use the headlight's reflection off the wall to line it up without hitting the wall?

I was so scared of hitting my wall. I have one of the little idiot traffic light things that turns red before you hit the wall, but my SS is too big for that to give an accurate reading.

Mine's inside, nice and warm and dry. I was afraid it wouldn't fit when I bought it. I live in a town house and my unit is on the corner with a landscaped island across from it, which makes it hard to drive straight in. I have to come in on an angle and pull in the mirrors. I thought for sure it would be too long but I have just a little under a foot between the bumper and the garage door. Whew :eek:

I have a Wolf custom truck cover from California-Car Cover. No garage. :cry:

I keep the cover inna zippered bag 'n it NEVER touches the ground. (Black truck... Black is faster!) At present... it's covered with ice... :tear: after the snow that came the morning after I washed 'n waxed it (Monday). Ennyway... it's an all weather cover... 'n works really well keeping pine pollen 'n bird doo off it. :sigh:

I park the SS in my basement garage. It's 72 ft long. I have my 72 Cheyenne and a camper in there too (and my "new" bed for the Cheyenne). My "Upstairs" attached-garage is where my Bug and Tahoe park. It's 24' x28'. I also have a single-car detached garage for the tractor and other equipment. And there is a 60'x60' Pole-Barn that doesn't have anything in it right now. I have been in the position of having to park my stuff outside before and I hated it. When I built this house I was determined to park EVERYTHING under cover. I actually plan to build a nice shop building someday (probably when I retire) with a lift and room to do my restoration work in peace.

T :chevy:

Archived