TOG`s

after searching around i decided to go with tog headers, and need to know from people that HAVE them what thay think. also how was the install ? straight forward, or a PITA.

also any issues with plugs or plug wires? and did you have to remove the steering shaft to get them in.and how much weilding needs to be done. any install pics would be nice

also how lond did it take you to do it. the problem i have is im 18 mi. from town and nobody else here but this guy MURPHY :banghead: who always shows up when i try to do things.

thanks for any info.

:seeya:

I am looking at the TOG's too but they are on indefinite backorder

drove down to TOG this morning and talked with them for about 30 min. back log should be about 4-6 weeks :nonod: and there not happy either, so i put my order in and they will call me when there ready for pick up. from what i saw when we want into the back i feel the wait will be worth it, and asked about there hp# and thats rwhp increase so after there on the butt dyno will see :D

I installed them on my 1500HD with the 6.0 a few weeks ago. First I did not have to disconect the steering shaft but i did use a lift. The plugs and wires need to come out as well as the oil dipstick. The oil dipstick is held in place with a bracket with one bolt into the block. On mine the header flang was two wide and I had to either grind the bracket down or make a sleeve with a longer bolt. I chose to do the sleeve and bolt. They don't provide new gaskets with the headers with I think is BS for $900. Mine came apart so I went to the dealer and bought a new set for $20 a piece I think it was. Then the real fun began, after the headers were in I went to put in the extensions and they were not even close!! No way would they work. I e-mailed Jon with TOG the pics I will try to attach here and we spoke on the phone. We agreed that they would make new ones that came straight down about 6 inches and they would overnight them to me on Monday I spoke to him friday. They finially show up on Wednesday and they are about 3 inches long. To make this long story short I used the straight with the supplied ones to make it all work and I think it looks like shit!! So I was with out truck from Friday untill Wednesday and it was a lot of work with fitting and fabricating. I will at some point have someone custom bend a set up for me. They sound great and look good. The power I don't know because I also did a Nelson Tune and I am putting on 05 e-fans and then back to the dyno to see my gains from my baseline I did before I started all of this.

I don't have pics on this computer of the finished product.

JK

Check out the pics at this link

Webshots

I am looking at the TOG's too but they are on indefinite backorder

drove down to TOG this morning and talked with them for about 30 min. back log should be about 4-6 weeks :nonod: and there not happy either, so i put my order in and they will call me when there ready for pick up. from what i saw when we want into the back i feel the wait will be worth it, and asked about there hp# and thats rwhp increase so after there on the butt dyno will see :D

Thanks for the update, that's gotta be great being able to go down and talk to all these guys, you Cali guys have it made! Let us know when you get them!

Yer going to have to disconnect the steering colum w/ any header installation... but its not too bad.

Except for Dynatechs. ;)

It's a simple one-bolt deal anyway...

Speaking of the bolt - it needs to be trimmed on a Dynatech install.

Archived