PCM Install Help!

LOUI1313

Ok, I just got my PCM from Bryan and went to install it. I know the PCM is next to the battery. Anyone have an idea of how to get the plastic cover off the PCM without breaking it? I didn't push it too much becuase I don't want to break it.

Also, when installing the PCM is the install self explanatory or are there some specaial things that you need to know.

I have to send my old PCM back to Bryan tomorrow so I need help!

Thanks guys.

Ok, I just got my PCM from Bryan and went to install it. I know the PCM is next to the battery. Anyone have an idea of how to get the plastic cover off the PCM without breaking it? I didn't push it too much becuase I don't want to break it.

Also, when installing the PCM is the install self explanatory or are there some specaial things that you need to know.

I have to send my old PCM back to Bryan tomorrow so I need help!

Thanks guys.

You just need to pull on it a little harder. It seat in two little plastic tabs.

Nothing really needed to know about the change, pretty simple.

Good luck.

Does the plastic piece do anything of importance? Beside make the engine compartment look better? Does the PCM really need it for protection. I'm guessing not.

It looks like it may offer some protection from the heat in the engine compartment. The metal housing of the PCM looks like it would transfer heat too easily and electronics don't like heat! I vote keep the cover on.

The cover is very easy to remove. There are only two tabs holding it on. The tab at the upper rear corner (closest to the positive lead engine compartment terminal with the red plastic cover) is the key. Just place a flat-head screwdriver between the tab and the cover and pry the cover forward. The whole cover will pop right off :thumbs:

Archived