Grill mesh P/N

edessa

Just got my truck back from the shop today and noticed that the grill mesh does not mach with the lower valance mesh. Wondering if they installed a grill from a regular Silverado and not a SS. Is the SSS different and does anyone have the P/N for the correct one?

Yes, the pattern of the mesh is different on the SS than on a regular Silverado. Sorry I do not have a part number, maybe Zippy can help you with that.

I would have whoever did the repair install the correct grill assembly. I don't think you can get the mesh by itself.

There are several part numbers for the grille (one for each color)...

Black - #15178219

Blue - #15178221

Red - #15178220

These are the part numbers I have in by crash book, but it is about 6 months old....so they could have changed! Hope this helps!

Now the shop wants me to bring in my truck so the can check the P/N on the back of the grill to see if it's the correct one. They already saw the truck this morning and have seen for them selvs the huge differance between the grills. Also the got picturs of my truck before the accident with the correct grill installed that I gave them to compare.

There should be no reason why a competant body shop cannot get the correct grill using your make model and vin number. I would tell them if they need to see the truck again to come to you.

They should also be able to swap the grill in a matter of 10 minutes once they get the proper one. It should already be painted.

Archived