Muffler Question

I have the Magnaflow on my truck, and the in-cab interior noise is not bad at all. I like the nice throaty rumble the truck has at idle, and the "balls to the wall" this thing has at wot, to me it sounds really good, and I felt a nice gain in hp too! :chevy:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guys, here is some Flo-Pro feed back.

I got the Flo-Pro 2503, Dual in/Single out. I am keeping my stock pipe and tip.

I previously had a Magnaflow 12388. 5x8x24 dual in/single out. The magnaflow sounded great, but had really bad drone at 40 mph and at 65 mpg.

I had the Flo-Pro 2503 installed yesterday. It sounds close to stock but a touch louder, and NO DRONE! :D

Performance seems to be the same as the Magnaflow. I will know more about that when I get back to the track.

I think most of us would like to have volume control on our mufflers, but Yes I am only dreaming. I miss some of the sound from the MagnaFlow, but not the sicking Drone.

Got the 2503 @ Flo-Pro with free shipping, and the install was $40.

Now, on to picking out a Torque Conveter :dunno:

CD

Well guys, here is some Flo-Pro feed back.

I got the Flo-Pro 2503, Dual in/Single out. I am keeping my stock pipe and tip.

I previously had a Magnaflow 12388. 5x8x24 dual in/single out. The magnaflow sounded great, but had really bad drone at 40 mph and at 65 mpg.

I had the Flo-Pro 2503 installed yesterday. It sounds close to stock but a touch louder, and NO DRONE!  :D 

Performance seems to be the same as the Magnaflow. I will know more about that when I get back to the track.

I think most of us would like to have volume control on our mufflers, but Yes I am only dreaming. I miss some of the sound from the MagnaFlow, but not the sicking Drone.

Got the 2503 @ Flo-Pro with free shipping, and the install was $40.

Now, on to picking out a Torque Conveter :dunno:

CD

It will get a little more tame at cruise speeds as you get some miles on it. Get on it and see how it sounds.

:confused:

Where are you guys buying these flo-pro mufflers at? does any catalog or mail order have them cause I can't find it anywhere and their website states clearly they are avail only through dealers...?? I want to do this install at home myself but won't be able to if I have to have a muffler shop order it?

where are you buying the flo pro muffs at. i want one of the 2504's.

:confused:

Where are you guys buying these flo-pro mufflers at? does any catalog or mail order have them cause I can't find it anywhere and their website states clearly they are avail only through dealers...??  I want to do this install at home myself but won't be able to if I have to have a muffler shop order it?

My muffler shop carried them, but you can get them on-line here. fle-online.com

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone heard the difference between the 2503 and 2504 with stock tips on our trucks?

Their website show the 2504 alot louder, that probably where the got the 25 hp increase.

Flowmaster man myself dual 3" Mufflers with Dual 3" Pipe straight out the back true SS style and boy do they ever turn heads when I feel the need. Put the whole thing on for around $400 in less than 2 hours. :thumbs:

You need a center and an off set to keep the pipes inline.

ok so one center/center and one offset/center?

I went to a shop yesterday to see if they could just take the muffler out and splice in 2 stright pipes, but it was like a 100 bucks. So I'm just going to do this sooner then i was thinking.

Thanks

Archived