front license plate bracket

mrrat1

I bought 04 ss in PA. No front plates there. I live in NJ. What are you guys doing to mount plates in the front??? I don't want to put holes in the bumper. Was thinking of a way to mount a bracket from beneath the bumper. Any ideas out there?? Someone make a custom bracket for this?? Thanks Dave K....mrrat1

Just use the one that comes with the SS and mount it through the opening in the lower bumber with long bolts with backing plates behind the grill. I'm in NJ as well and was not going to put holes in bumper.

SilveradoSS_04.jpg

Sorry just ordered one. Went to chevy 1st $49 bucks + paint to match, I asked is that "super list price", just repeated price. Glad I did'nt buy new $43,000. My bud at Pontiac will get it for me at cost. Never liked those chevy dealers<. Paint to match free. Love my Pontiac buddies Dave K.

• 2 weeks later...

just throw it on the dash till you get an inspection ticket for it. No reason to ugly up the front of the truck if it isn't already done. I'm in MD where fronts are required but if my truck hadn't already had a front bracket drilled in I wouldn't be on there.

just throw it on the dash till you get an inspection ticket for it.  No reason to ugly up the front of the truck if it isn't already done.  I'm in MD where fronts are required but if my truck hadn't already had a front bracket drilled in I wouldn't be on there.

I took it off the last truck I had. I'm in Illinois and they require it... I just never got stopped. 99 xtreme s10. I'd just keep it in the truck myself but my truck already had the bracket drilled.

Just picked up the bracket today $33. I'm going to trim it down to fit snug around the lower opening in the front bumper like >shopman< has his mounted in post above. Then get it painted! Thanks for the posts Dave K.

Archived