I'm still getting power.....

I finally got my system hooked up in my truck and it sounds good. When I was putting everything back together I noticed my amp would turn on about every 30 sec for about 5 seconds then turn off. Other than that it is doing what it is suppose to. Is this because of the theft devise we have on our bose systems or something that it is sending a quick shot of power? Has me confused so I thought I would throw this out there to see if anyone knows about this or has had the same problem.

Before I couldn;t get power to my amp because I didn't connect the remote wire and now I have it connected it gets power but does what i explained up top as well. I dont know how long it will do it for but I watched for about 5 min doing it.

Thanx

What id you connect the remote wire to? Also how long were you running the amp before it started doing this? Sometimes if the amp overheats the thermal protection will kick in and make it cut out which usually tends to happen if your amp is mounted behind the seat on the rear cab wall there just isnt enough air circulation. Also check the voltage on your remote lead, if you have it hooked to something that is giving an inconsitent voltage through the lead wire this could also cause it! Try connecting your lead for right now to an always on 12volt powersource and see if that doesnt cure it if it doesnt then the problem is the amp if it does then you need to find another source to attach your lead! Mine is attached to my ignition so when the ignition is off and the stereo stays on till the doors open the amps are off! Hope this helps

I connected the remote wire to the pink wire on the GM harness like it said to. When I shut the truck down the amp turns off but in about a minute it comes back on for a few seconds then shuts off. It doesn;t make any noise or anything, almost like its running a power test. Kinda wierd but I dont know, I dont feel like ripping everything apart right now either. Also I dont know if your running a PAC adapter but there are two sets of RCA's, one that say REAR and the other says REAR AMP. If i hook into the one that says REAR AMP i get a buzzing sound from my speakers but if I hook into the other set its fine. Theres just so much little crap that keeps getting to me. What do you mean connect the lead to a constant power supply? You mean run the remote wire to a power source and see if it lights up? Not to clear on that. Thanks for your input so far

Yes just run the remote lead to a constant 12v source instead of through the PAC adapter and see if it will stay on or if it still keeps cutting in and out. also make sure that the thermal safety is not kicking in what kind of amp is it? Did you check your ground and make sure it is very secure? Not loose at all and also make sure that if your ground is attached to a painted part of metal that you have cleared away all the paint so that it can make a solid contact.

when ran to a contant source it stays on. I will check the ground again but i dont think that is the problem. Like I said it is getting power when the truck is off, maybe its a wire that is hitting the positive on the amp or something. It is a pioneer amp, i forget the number model but it does the job for now, I have another amp coming tomorrow hopefully. I will look everything over again and see what happens. thanx

Looks like it is built into the security system because if I hit the lock and unlock button it lights up also, so as long as it doesn;t go up in flames i'm happy

This must be a comman thing with the PAC adapter I assume. My amp will do the same thing(turn on by itself then go off). It must be something to do with the remote turn on wire we've wired into. You could always wire a toggle switch into the remote turn-on wire to be safe. This way it will stay off when you're not in the truck. Probably a waste of time, but a possible solution if it bugs you a lot. I just ignore mine and so far nothing has happened(knock on wood). :cheers:

if it stays on when attached to the constant power source then there is a problem with the PAC adapter. So does it turn off and on while you are listening to the radio or while the truck is off? I may have been confused by your question this whole time SORRY!

Does it go on and off at the same time as your red light (theft deterant in dash for cd player) ... maybe you hooked up to that instead of a good remote ... that just came to mind ... don't know if it is even possible.

Does it go on and off at the same time as your red light (theft deterant in dash for cd player) ... maybe you hooked up to that instead of a good remote ... that just came to mind ... don't know if it is even possible.

I haven't checked that but since you said that, i'm pretty sure thats what it does. I hooked it up like the little tab says on the PAC adapter. It said what wire to hook into.

I haven't checked that but since you said that, i'm pretty sure thats what it does. I hooked it up like the little tab says on the PAC adapter. It said what wire to hook into.

I never thought about that. That would be something to check on. I don't know why PAC would have you hook into that wire for a remote turn-on, but it hasn't ran my bettery down yet so no problem for me. If it ever does I'll re-wire it, but for now it's fine.

Does it matter which RCA's you use for the amp? The set that says Rear AMP gives me a buzzing sound from my speakers but the ones that say Rear are fine, does this matter?

Anybody?????

I believe I used the front ones....but I have slept too many times since I installed mine.....

P.S. - mine does the on and off thing too...but only when the truck is off and when I hit the lock/unlock...

Archived