San Diego

Texas_Veteran

I am just looking for good places to eat at. Spanish food preferably, but I do like variety. Not really looking for the single man type of places as I am married. Myself and another friend are just looking for a nice bar not too far away from MCRD. Also looking for places to hang out to see what the West coast has to offer in the truck world. Thanks for all the help.

I don't know how far it is from where you're staying... but the gas lamp district has a ton of great bars and resturants to hang out at.

How long are you in town? Maybe some of us So Cal SS guys should take you out for a couple of beers while your here. :cheers:

I don't know how far it is from where you're staying... but the gas lamp district has a ton of great bars and resturants to hang out at.

How long are you in town? Maybe some of us So Cal SS guys should take you out for a couple of beers while your here.  :cheers:

I'll second what Dylan said....the Gaslamp is a great area, lots of good food and fun clubs. It's only about 10 minutes from MCRD. You just take Pacific Highway to 5 South to 2nd Avenue exit, keep going to 4th Avenue and make a right, then once you cross Broadway, find a place to park and just start walking around. I usually park at Horton plaza (first multi-level parking garage on 4th Ave., right after you cross Broadway, on your right) and buy a soda to get my parking ticket validated. The Gaslamp is concentrated between 4th, 5th, and 6th Avenues....you'll see once you get there. Have fun, enjoy, let us know how it goes!

In the gaslamp area I very HIGHLY recommend you hit "The Strip Club" (don't worry its a steak house :thumbs: )

Heres the info on the place... I've made the couple hour drive down there a couple of times for dinner and drinks and haven't been disappointed yet :cheers:

THE STRIP CLUB

:withstupid: The Strip CLub is awesome...my wife took me there for my B-Day... :thumbs::thumbs: Depending how long your in town for...I'm up for a get together... I have school all week except for weds. nights and weekends. Let me know. As far as I know...I'm not doin anything this weekend...

Yeah, I'm here on Marine Corps business. Too bad they wouldn't let me bring my truck out here. That would make getting around town a lot easier. Would love to get together sometime if you guys aren't busy during the weekends. I have been through the gaslamp district, very nice place. I went up to old town and it was nice also. If any of you guys are interested in getting together this weekend to show me around town you can email me at [email protected] Thanks again everyone. :flag:

I like the big fishbowl margaritas at that place in Old Town (can't remember the name).

IMHO The Cass Street Bar & Grill in Pacific Beach is the place to go for fresh seafood, cheap drinks and lots of damn good looking ladies!

Archived