Chevy SSR

hankc350

also stick shift wasnt available until 05 and the auto is just :icon_bs: plus the chevy dealer i work at had to buy one back due to many leaks and squeaks it must have been through service at least 100 times for real :puke:

I think Chevy tried to satisfy too many people with the fold-away top thing... and did neither. If it was a regular cab roof... with some serious HP, tranny 'and gears... at a more reasonable price... it would'a sold more. $42K is ridiculous. It's a retro-rod aimed at the mid 50-something age group who want'a relive the glory days that they prob'ly never had in the first place. It's not a hotrod... it just looks like one. It could be tho. Personally... I think it would look good much lower... with aluminum Moons on the wheels. In black of course! :P

anyone notice that the 05's have a TORQUE GAUGE!!!? We still have 04's sittin around here... they dont even get looked at. I like what ASC did with the Diamondback SSR if anyone has seen one, magnacharger, 6-speed etc. nice vehicle all around. The auto-top weighs almost 400lbs alone! I like em, but its more for the person deciding whether or not they want a vette or something that will stand out a lil more than a vette (or just plain isnt a vette). Dont know if I should be proud of it or not, but when my truck was pretty much stock with only exhaust and cold air i smoked the crap out of an 04'.... i told the guy he should have waited for the 05's then race me.... he wasnt too concerned because he said his was one of the first 89 or so off the assm. line.... id rather have the more horse i said as i whopped his a$$ two more times! Also, ive heard that the SSR plant has already shut down.... anyone else????

HEY!!! there you are, i got your PM, couldnt get back to you..... been busy, sorry about that, glad to see you got the name you were looking for n what not, ready to blow people away and post some pics yet?????

They were all special editions - "Yellow Fever" editions I believe. They followed a run of yellow Vipers by the same name.

Will you please e-mail me some photos of my truck directly? My camera really didn't like the lighting down there or something.

They were all special editions - "Yellow Fever" editions I believe. They followed a run of yellow Vipers by the same name.

Will you please e-mail me some photos of my truck directly? My camera really didn't like the lighting down there or something.

Hey man.. welcome to the site. So give us some more details of this imposter SS.. Maybe start a Garage or something.. Is it the LQ4 or LQ9? and the six speed? What kind? I guess pics are coming.. I'd like to how the interior looks with a floor mounted manual.. I bet it's :cool:

Archived