My truck got in a fight with a racoon

Well I got in my first "accident" Sat night on the way to a friends house. I was driving down the highway at night, in the rain, and a racoon decided that was a good time to commit suicide so he ran out in front of my truck. I tried to stop, but there was no time at all and so I just braced myself and hit. I would say this racoon was in the 30-40 lb range. I guess that he lifted his head right where my passenger side brake duct scoop on the front bumper was, and he took that scoop clean off. Got lucky that he didn't mess up any other part of the truck at all. Bad part is that little plastic scoop normally sells for $135 at the dealer, but I have a wholesale acct so I got it for $95 with tax. Truck looks kind of funny right now with one scoop missing, but I guess that is life. The truck can't stay perfect forever.

Aaron

Thats some crazy stuff. Its amazing how much the little things cost on these trucks. The little rubber cup holder piece in the cab was going to cost me $35 from the dealer but since I never got one when i bought it they gave me it for free. These trucks have expensive parts on it that you would never think of. Good thing it didn;t mess anything else up.

you couldve just "test drove" another ss and while the guy aint lookin, take the holder haha.. one of my friends did this with a denali when he lost his a while back.. :lol: ... just kidding.. dont try this at home :yellow_loser:

Well I got in my first "accident" Sat night on the way to a friends house.  I was driving down the highway at night, in the rain, and a racoon decided that was a good time to commit suicide so he ran out in front of my truck.  I tried to stop, but there was no time at all and so I just braced myself and hit.  I would say this racoon was in the 30-40 lb range.  I guess that he lifted his head right where my passenger side brake duct scoop on the front bumper was, and he took that scoop clean off.  Got lucky that he didn't mess up any other part of the truck at all.  Bad part is that little plastic scoop normally sells for $135 at the dealer, but I have a wholesale acct so I got it for $95 with tax.  Truck looks kind of funny right now with one scoop missing, but I guess that is life.  The truck can't stay perfect forever.

Aaron

Guess you'll be the only one driving a SS while looking like Davy Crockett :yellow_loser: with that Racoon hat on :crackup:

Here a lot of groundhogs get juiced every spring and fall...

Dr Mike :ughdance:

I went back the next morning(about 10 hrs later), there was no trace of the racoon, and I couldn't find the scoop. I know that I hit that racoon going at least 55 too. There was some of his hair still stuck on my frame so I know that he hit something solid. Guess that is one tough-ass racoon.

Aaron

Oh man, we have racoons here that get REALLY BIG! I have seen some that I wouldn't send a large dog into the ring with. This one might have been a little less than I origionally thought, but he wasn't small. Here are a couple pics of the damage for you guys. Just got my new scoop in today.

front.jpg

missing_scoop.jpg

hair.jpg

All Better!

frontnewscoop.jpg

Aaron

Archived