Need Help - New PCM Install

I installed my PCM from Bryan at PCMforLess and now my Check Engine light is on. I'll tell you exactly what I did, in the order I did it.

1. Removed Negative battery Terminal

2. Removed Original PCM

3. Installed New PCM

4. Replaced Negative battery terminal

5. Attempted to start, but would not.

6. Did the relearn on anti theft like the instructions said

7. Executed relearn and vehicle started fine.

After I started the truck, the check engine light stayed on. It never flashed, or anything. I shut the truck off several times in the next 30 mins and it stayed on. It comes on as soon as the key is on the ON position and never goes off.

I tried probably half a dozen times to start the truck before the relearn process. It would hit, then die. Every time.

Any ideas? The rest of the truck is bone stock. The check engine light has never been on til now. I did not install the rubber gaskets on the PCM. It was cold outside and they were not cooperating. I figured this next weekend I'd put them back on. :confused::confused:

Brian

i had that problem...still do actually.... my code was P0300 multiple cylinders misfiring...it goes away when i have speedways 92 in there, but i have 92 speed way in now n its still on, it stays on MOST of the time, i MAY get a day out of it a week where the light isnt on....too much tune is the problem

IF it's the actual picture of the engine, then the truck will need a crankshaft relearn performed on it.

It's very easy if you have someone that is capable of clearing the code.

Just find someone with a techII, genisys, or similar and they can perform it. HPT can do it as well.

good luck,

allen

I'm going to Autozone at noon to get the PCM scanned to see what Codes it's throwing.

This isn't nothing major, but another question.

My truck runs really good now that I installed the new PCM. I was going through the menu on the DIC and noticed that my Timer had been reset to 00:00:00 and was not turning or counting. Any ideas why not? I tried resetting it, but it did not work.

Brian

I went to Autozone and had them scan the computer. It showed code P0305 or really close to that. It was the Crankshaft Relearn code. I called Bryan and he said to send back my original PCM and he'd load the program into it, send it back, then send back the PCM he originally sent me. According to Bryan, the truck should not be effected by this.

Brian

I flashed my PCM tonight with Bryan's tune and the check engine light came on the first time I went to drive it. I went up town to pickup a pizza and noticed on the way it was on. I picked up the pizza. Came back out started it back up and the light never came back on. It kinda freaked me out at first. Wonder what caused this to happen? Anyone have it happen to them with a custom tune on a stock SS. I'll think I can check for a code using EFILive. Is that correct? :dunno: It sure does throw you for a loop when you can't wait to see what the tune can do, thenyou see the check engine light :banghead: .

Archived