Air Filter

A lot of guys on the board (myself included) are getting good results with the K&N drop-in. I have not cut out the bottom of my airbox.

As far as the CAI systems go, early testing on the Outlaw looks promising. Yoiu can check with DylanVonKleist who is hooked in with the manufacturer.

A lot of guys on the board (myself included) are getting good results with the K&N drop-in. I have not cut out the bottom of my airbox.

As far as the CAI systems go, early testing on the Outlaw looks promising. Yoiu can check with DylanVonKleist who is hooked in with the manufacturer.

:withstupid: K&N Drop-in here.... works great.

the two on the side of the box. both intake ducts on the side of the box that go to the fender work as baffles. their idea is to reduce noise by drawing the air in through the fender which is an obstructed opening working similar to a similar baffle. they are designed with their size and entry to reduce the noise. the small one enters farther into the box to equal out the airflow across the filter element and to keep the noise level down. these are more of a entry duct than a baffle but their job is basicly the same. if you remove them you will notice the noise difference i am referring to and you'll also notice that there is much more room for air at the side of the box than there is sucking through the fender area. i've done this to a few with some minor gains in airflow noticed in the maf readings (about the only way i've been able to test the one's i've done this to). the air intake temperature only tends to show a difference when the temps get very high under the hood although if you have a black truck the fender and sheetmetal around it is going to just be heating up the incoming air with the baffle/duct in place. there is no cost in this and they pop right back in. take a stock box and pop these out then take it for a ride. you should notice some difference. it's certainly not as good as an aftermarket cold air system, but it's some help from what i've found.

In my 5.3L truck, SOTP suffered when I removed the snorkels or modified the stock 'box in any way.

I assumed their purpose was to straighten out or smoothen the incoming airflow so the MAF can get proper readings...

Archived