Here I go.....

SSThunder

Ok. I saved my first tuned program, I hope. On too #2 and #3 then I might try to load Byran's tune. The EFILive software is easy to navigate, but man is this stuff complicated. Now if I knew what all the different options and settings meant. :banghead: Anyone have any insight? Is it really this easy to save my stock tune? :dunno:

Ok I'm starting to save the 2nd tune. It's the same size as the first tune(1024K). Is this right or am I saving the 1st tune again? These tunes are coming from my superchips hand held. Can anyone answer my question? Thanks in advance!! :cheers:

Ok tune #2 is saved. I'll go back latter and see what the differences are between a Superchips Performance Tune and a Tow-Performance Tune. hopefully this will help me learn the tunning process. Now to get the 87 Octane Tune then my stock SS tune. :D:D:cheers:

Ok tune #3 is saves. Now to get my truck back to stock and save that. I guess I'll stop there tonight. I've got some orders to fill(eBay) before watching some TV before bed. :cheers:

Ok I'm starting to save the 2nd tune. It's the same size as the first tune(1024K). Is this right or am I saving the 1st tune again? These tunes are coming from my superchips hand held. Can anyone answer my question? Thanks in advance!! :cheers:

Ok tune #2 is saved. I'll go back latter and see what the differences are between a Superchips Performance Tune and a Tow-Performance Tune. hopefully this will help me learn the tunning process. Now to get the 87 Octane Tune then my stock SS tune.  :D  :D  :cheers:

Ok tune #3 is saves. Now to get my truck back to stock and save that. I guess I'll stop there tonight. I've got some orders to fill(eBay) before watching some TV before bed.  :cheers:

1024K is the size of the memory in the PCM so it will always be that size i'm not using efilive but I do use HPtuners and i'm sure they are about the same. Does EFIlive have a website with a forum? If so you should be spending a great amount of time there reading as much as you can to get the best Idea possible of what's what and how to use their program! This is how I started when I got HPTuners I was lost when I started looking through the different files but it makes a lot of sence to me now! Good Luck

Jon

Ok tune #2 is saved. I'll go back latter and see what the differences are between a Superchips Performance Tune and a Tow-Performance Tune. hopefully this will help me learn the tunning process. Now to get the 87 Octane Tune then my stock SS tune.  :D  :D  :cheers:

Ok tune #3 is saves. Now to get my truck back to stock and save that. I guess I'll stop there tonight. I've got some orders to fill(eBay) before watching some TV before bed.  :cheers:

1024K is the size of the memory in the PCM so it will always be that size i'm not using efilive but I do use HPtuners and i'm sure they are about the same. Does EFIlive have a website with a forum? If so you should be spending a great amount of time there reading as much as you can to get the best Idea possible of what's what and how to use their program! This is how I started when I got HPTuners I was lost when I started looking through the different files but it makes a lot of sence to me now! Good Luck

Jon

Yeah they got a forum. I'll spend as much time as possible reading post there. Glad to hear I wasn't saving the same tune over and over. Hopefully I'll be able to see some others tuners tunes so I can have examples of how certain tables change. EFILive can convert HPTuner files. Bryan sent me my tune and I had to open it and save it as an EFILive file. I'll probably try to load the tune tomorrow night. Thanks for the insight. :cheers:

Two quick questions before I try to flash my PCM with Bryan's tune. Do I have to remove the on-star fuse before flashing the PCM? I had to do this when using the Superchips hand held and was wondering. Anything to do before flashing?

Thanks, Jeremy :cheers:

Two quick questions before I try to flash my PCM with Bryan's tune. Do I have to remove the on-star fuse before flashing the PCM? I had to do this when using the Superchips hand held and was wondering. Anything to do before flashing?

Thanks, Jeremy  :cheers:

It is recomended because OnStar has been know to screw things up while reflashing the PCM. It is also good to shut everything off such as a/c, heater, blower motor, radio, ect...

Archived