What subs is everyone running?

Just want to see what subs everyone is running in there truck system wise. I have 2 12's under the seat now but they will be gone along with the box this week. I might be getting 2 JL's off my buddy for free if things work out but its not definite so if that doesn;t work I am going to build another box. I have a downfire now and it shakes the cab to much so i figured i will do an upward set-up so it can use the airspace better and bounce off the windows for a better sound. I dont want anything that is insane like w7's or anything. Trying to find a few subs that are fairly cheap but sound good. I will prob switch to 10's this time but might consider 12's again. Just thought I would get some input and some opinions. Have a nice day

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just want to see what subs everyone is running in there truck system wise.  I have 2 12's under the seat now but they will be gone along with the box this week.  I might be getting 2 JL's off my buddy for free if things work out but its not definite so if that doesn;t work I am going to build another box.  I have a downfire now and it shakes the cab to much so i figured i will do an upward set-up so it can use the airspace better and bounce off the windows for a better sound.  I dont want anything that is insane like w7's or anything.  Trying to find a few subs that are fairly cheap but sound good.  I will prob switch to 10's this time but might consider 12's again.  Just thought I would get some input and some opinions.  Have a nice day

MTX 5500's and you cant go wrong!

like everything else in life... you get what you pay for... so heres a phrase to help you out:

Good subwoofers aren't cheap and cheap subwoofers aren't good!

Stick w/ a name brand and you should be OK... I've had good luck w/ Fosgate and they're not too expensive. :thumbs:

like everything else in life... you get what you pay for... so heres a phrase to help you out:

Good subwoofers aren't cheap and cheap subwoofers aren't good!

Stick w/ a name brand and you should be OK... I've had good luck w/ Fosgate and they're not too expensive.  :thumbs:

I've been runnin fosgates for a while, Anymore I just dont know what subs are good besides the ones that dominate the field with subs that cost 300-400 each. Last time I was really into systems was about 8yrs ago when i had 3 15's custom built into my 88 S10 blazer that was all customized.

So I figured i'd try to see what model's are good anymore. what fosgate models, etc.

How are those sony x-plod ones, i've seen a lot of people with them but dont know anything about em.

Get 2 square 8's ... those are pretty tight strong bass

Basically it depends on what kind of music you will be listening too

Rap and Country have very similar bass

Hard Rock has an entirely different style of bass

You will need to figure out what kind of music and then go from there.

for under our back seat i would use jlw6v2, if you can find a way to fit idmax's are good and resonant audio re se, another good brand is ascendant audio has the atlas and avalanche.

I use two 10" MTX 8000 subs. I got them off eBay for $130 shipped. They are last year models so I got a good price on them. They hit pretty hard using my Kenwood Exceleron amp(960 RMS watts). I've got my system setup for all types of music. My amp is set for rock, coutry and pop. I switch my bass booster on for rap or hard hitting pop. Here's a link to the seller:MTX Subs

Archived