What subs is everyone running?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what is that adapter thing next to your amp??  How do you like those subs? Do they hit hard when you need them to?

That's my external sub x-over with bass booster. I've got it wire to a 3 way toggle switch(on-off-on). The switch lets me run the amp/subs or radio only or amp/bass boost/subs. The subs hit real hard. Good subs for the price. :cheers:

HEy Rob,

Is that sub hitting harder than the JL was? I have always been curious on that, The numbers on the sub are better for less money and better construction that the JL, but really with speakers it comes down to the way they sound.

I have 1- JL10w7 in a ported box  under rear seat  on a JL 1000/1

2  12''w7 jl's

you c ant just post this with out pics come on guys were going to need to see this

You say this in disbelief? Really not hard with 1- 10w7 , but i wanted a 12w7.This couldn't be done without raising the rear seat. The 12w7 wouldn't even fit under the rear seat solely. I'll get the pics of my set up , but someone will have to post em for me.

HEy Rob, 

Is that sub hitting harder than the JL was?  I have always been curious on that,  The numbers on the sub are better for less money and better construction that the JL, but really with speakers it comes down to the way they sound.

Joe,

There is no comparison.....I will stick with the Diamond. I liked the JL, but for the same amount of money, these seem to be giving me a lot better hit! Thanks for the advise!

Had 2 Audiobahn 12's and now I just got 2 JL Audio 12W1 and a new custom box/amp rack to put them in. The Audiobahns are 4-sale they are Dual voice coil 4ohm. Sounded Good but couldnt wire the pair for 2ohm load so I got single voice cowl JL's. Audiobahn A8000t amp now putting out 800watts rms @2ohms. Really rattles the cab at 2/3 volume. Sounds awesome at 1/2 volume really solid. :thumbs:

Archived