Tell me this isn't bad luck

fox_forma

I lived in Miami and went diving and was in the water alot, seem many barracuda's never been attacked, Even when lobstering. They like to come after the lobsters when they make noise after you catch them, no problems. They are very curious fish and will follow you but dont normaly attack. He must have provoked it or was wearing jewelry, they like shiney things. I do feel for him.

Hey fox_forma, do you live in pittsburgh? If so, what part? I seen this on WTAE yesterday, they had the persons aunt on talking about how the family needed to send $15,000 to the hospital before they would do anything more. Things like this is what makes me not want to ever leave this country.

Hey fox_forma, do you live in pittsburgh? If so, what part?  I seen this on WTAE yesterday, they had the persons aunt on talking about how the family needed to send $15,000 to the hospital before they would do anything more.  Things like this is what makes me not want to ever leave this country.

I live near philly, I went to school at IUP so I basically lived out that way for 5 yrs but I am now home on the east side of Pa. I do come out that way every so often to see people and go out to some of the bars.

Its crazy, that is one of my good friends from IUP and something like that to happen is just out of this world. I think he is getting flown back to pittsburgh today so a real doctor can see him, so i should get even more details soon. I've been calling some of the people who he was with but cant get through.

When it hit the news yesterday out there, I had about 20 people text message and write to me on IM, it was chaos so i am just waiting to see what happens

UPDATE: He's back at school, I talked to him and he said he was operated on by US surgeons down in mexico but the problem was the his insurance wasn't good down there so they had to pay using a credit card before anyone could proceed. I'm not sure if he is bullsh*tin me or not but he said inside edition was just at his place up at school and that his story will be aired later in the week and he will tell me when. He is doin ok now, but he is on a lot of pain killers so hes a loopy. He said it will be about 4 weeks for the injuries to heal up but should be fine after that. I'll keep ya posted

I was in Cancun last year this same week for Spring Break. Not a big fan of vacationing in Mexico, good club scene and lots of beautiful women (during spring break season), but there are better vacation spots in my opinion. Overall I didn't feel very safe down there.

Anyways, hope your Fraternity bro recovers fully. Crazy story.

They go to cancun like every year, you would think they would do something different. I went 4yrs ago and said never again. It was nice and the girls are great but I had just as good of a time maybe better going to daytona for bike week, south beach and lake tahoe other times. I doubt he will be goin back anytime in the near future. I hope its true he will be on inside edition cause this kid is kinda nutz so it should be interesting, unless all the pain killers has him under control :crazy:

Archived