Question about HPTuners VCM Scanner histogram

slimsoftball

When I am looking at the histogram of my run in the VCM Scanner what values should I be looking at in all those tabs; Last Value, Average, Min Value or Max Value? You switch between them by right clicking on the histogram.

When I am looking at the histogram of my run in the VCM Scanner what values should I be looking at in all those tabs;  Last Value, Average, Min Value or Max Value?  You switch between them by right clicking on the histogram.

I mostly used average, but it depends on what you're doing.

I was looking at the air/fuel tab.

Thanks Erik

I tell you what, getting started on this tuning thing is a pain in the neck. I have been reading for 2 weeks and haven't even considered changing my tune yet.

:crazy:

Cool, that helps.

As I said, I am taking baby steps. I emailed Allen Nelson some log files and he is giving me a little tutoring. I am hopefully changing out my heads and putting on my ASM's this weekend so I will need to be able to adjust my tune for that.

Once you finally start to understand the terminology and theory behind why you change certain things it all starts to make a little sense. I am getting there. :thumbs:

I'd be happy to help out as well.  Just give a shout.

HEY ERIK!! I'm shouting at ya. Have you ever used the new EFILive tune software? I've saved my superchips tunes and my tune from Bryan and I want to try to flash my PCM for the first time tonight. Just wondering if I need to remove the on-star fuse like I had to with the superchips programmer?

Slimesoftball: Where did you read up about tuning? EFILive gives you very little to go on. The talk on the forum was over my head :banghead: . I guess I'll go back tonight to see if I can learn something. Good luck with your tuning :cheers:

I'd be happy to help out as well.  Just give a shout.

HEY ERIK!! I'm shouting at ya. Have you ever used the new EFILive tune software? I've saved my superchips tunes and my tune from Bryan and I want to try to flash my PCM for the first time tonight. Just wondering if I need to remove the on-star fuse like I had to with the superchips programmer?

Slimesoftball: Where did you read up about tuning? EFILive gives you very little to go on. The talk on the forum was over my head :banghead: . I guess I'll go back tonight to see if I can learn something. Good luck with your tuning :cheers:

I posted a link in another thread in the tuning section that has a great document for tuning. Your right alot of the stuff in the forums is over my head. Just keep reading and keep logging and sooner or later stuff starts making sense. I have read mostly on the HPtuners forum. I have read a bunch in the LS1tech also. There are some good posts in the tuning section here also. Awhile back Erik had a really lengthy post that had good info in it. I believe BSER started that post. Allen Nelson has been giving me some pointers also which has helped alot.

I've saved my superchips tunes and my tune from Bryan and I want to try to flash my PCM for the first time tonight. Just wondering if I need to remove the on-star fuse like I had to with the superchips programmer?

I've never had to pull any fuses using HPT. I wouldn't think you had to with EFI Live either.... should just be plug and play.

good luck :cheers:

George :chevy:

I've saved my superchips tunes and my tune from Bryan and I want to try to flash my PCM for the first time tonight. Just wondering if I need to remove the on-star fuse like I had to with the superchips programmer?

I've never had to pull any fuses using HPT. I wouldn't think you had to with EFI Live either.... should just be plug and play.

good luck :cheers:

George :chevy:

:withstupid: I haven't used EFI Live, but can't imagine you'd need to pull fuses.

Erik, you'll have some bigger issues to tackle later on. Once those heads go on, you'll be (should be - I did) pegging the MAF. I could peg it pretty easily. It pegs at 454g/sec or 59.9lb/min. Others have hit different values slightly higher, but some of that, I thinkl, has to do with the software being used to read.

Then again, your boost values are slightly lower than mine were.

Archived