Customer Tune/Transmission upgrade

I want to do a custom tune and I am wondering if I should do a transmission shift kit to help pull more power.  What do you all recommend

A physical shift kit will always be better than a "tune shift kit" and will help your tranny live longer.

:withstupid:

what kind of shift kit would be a good one and what type of place can i go to get it installed I am not much of a gearhead that can do that type of work. I live in vegas and not sure where to go to look for a shift kit.

contact zippy, the kit he supplies will put your "balls to the back of your throat" but only on the first 1-2 shift....they about 200 dollars or so, you would have to pm him for exact details. as for a place to get it installed you can go to any tranny shop, it should be more than 250 bucks to install and take about a day to do...

the zippy kit is more involved, it has the shift kit, acc. piston, and 3-4 servos too....i dont know the details offhand youd have to ask him, but its well worth the money IMO

zippy, you can chime in any time buddy

ok so i have read a lot about the servo's.....but i have yet to figure what they are and what they do. what do the 3-4 servo's do?

I have also read about the acc. piston being plastic in the stock tranny's and guys replacing it with a metal one. Is that what is included?

Thanks much guys!

zippy is one of the clown's on here. :jester:

the 3-4 servo is the very outside servo in the set and is designed to give more apply area to the contact surface of the servo as well as a much better sealing surface. that's the short description for it. as for the metal accumulator piston, i only include that if it's requested. i have yet to see someone with a kit i've put together have that crack. i've only seen that happen with the transgo kits that i'm aware of although they include the metal piston in the kits now to fix that issue. :thumbs:

well that answers those questions.

I've also read that a couple of guys have had tranny trouble and decided not to put the servo's back in. Does it have a negitive effect on the tranns. I'm real gun shy when it comes to tranny's. I killed my daks tranny after putting in a 2400 stall.

Thanks!

Archived