Customer Tune/Transmission upgrade

I tow 5000+lbs with Grandma's burban and the Zippy kit in overdrive at 70-90+mph. Ask Zippy how I roll lol. I would not reccomend doing that with a transgo kit cause you will have one toased band and some crispy 3-4's. This is with a 60e too not the 65e. The Servo is what makes it so great in overdrive with the extra aplly area. Also I do not think the shift is too hard, and niether does my Granma.

it's not because of the 3-4 servo that makes it the kit to use. without going into all of the changes made by the kit i'll simply mention it's success/failure rate. the chp truck has made countless passes for testing, matt's truck went the 12.3 on the stock internals including clutches which were showing little sign's of wear when i changed them, and many other fast passes made using those parts. aside from broken hard parts i don't know of any that have failed caused by clutch or band failures. i also don't know of one yet that has had the accumulator piston crack. i'm not downplaying the transgo kit as i know many have had success with it including our site sponsor joe from jag performance. i'm simply saying that the items changed in the kit i use are the one's that need to be changed.

Archived