Was it a good buy?

d_a_n_payne

InFocus makes AWESOME projectors... the only problem I can see w/ that one is its a discontinued model... which isnt a big deal.

Some recommendations:

*Pickup a couple of replacement bulbs now. manufactures have a tendency to phase out replacement parts once a model is discontinued.

*Use this projector in rooms w/ low ambient light levels. Having only 900 ANSI Lumens will make this particular unit ineffective in bright areas

*Use "canned air" on it once a month or so. These models have a tendency to suck in alot of dust and fibers from the air which will cause excessive heat, shortening the lamp life.

*Don't skimp on the cables! Go w/ a minimum 3gig swept RG6 component video line... whats the point of having a nice projector if you hook it up w/ cheap cables (contrary to popular beleif: MONSTER does NOT make the best cables)

Enjoy the projector Dan. Can't beat that thing for the price you paid... should be alot of fun. Let me know if you need any other help, I am a certified InFocus dealer so I have access to alot of info on these units. :thumbs:

• 4 months later...

Archived