Lowered my truck...

jboyd2004

I'm guessing that since you used belltech's 2/2 drop you did the exact samething I did Keys and Shackles? I had the same problem between 75 and 80 I had a bad vibration. I installed 4* shims and the problem is gone!

Yes, I did the keys and shackles. Belltech has the 2" drop spindles coming out the end of this month. I will probably switch to those, or I'll get rid of the current kit and go with the McGaughy's kit. Probably what I should've done anyway.

What p/n and where did you get the shims?

Thanks.

I'm guessing that since you used belltech's 2/2 drop you did the exact samething I did Keys and Shackles? I had the same problem between 75 and 80 I had a bad vibration. I installed 4* shims and the problem is gone!

Yes, I did the keys and shackles. Belltech has the 2" drop spindles coming out the end of this month. I will probably switch to those, or I'll get rid of the current kit and go with the McGaughy's kit. Probably what I should've done anyway.

What p/n and where did you get the shims?

Thanks.

I was able to get belltech to ship me the shackles and keys to try out to see if what they already had would work because at the time even they didn't know. I then called them back up and just decided i'd go middle of the road they has 2* 4* and 6* so I told them to send me the 4* shims and I havn't have a problem since.

A friend has an 04 ecsb truck with a djm 2/4 kit that had the same shimmy...fixed it with a carrier bearing relocator by djm...30 bucks for the kit...it literally brings the carrier bearing down and aligns for proper angle...it's usually designed for a 6" rear drop, but has worked for many trucks with 4-6".

Pat

A friend has an 04 ecsb truck with a djm 2/4 kit that had the same shimmy...fixed it with a carrier bearing relocator by djm...30 bucks for the kit...it literally brings the carrier bearing down and aligns for proper angle...it's usually designed for a 6" rear drop, but has worked for many trucks with 4-6".

Pat

The SS doesn't have a carrier bearing!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived