Gas Mileage??

ctrow

At speeds above 60 mph you won't notice an increase in gas mileage because the airstream doesn't dip low enough when coming over the cab to effect the aerodynamics of the truck. At lower speeds gas mileage will improve with the tailgate down. :chevy:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Double checked the computer with old fashioned calculator and it seems very close. I showed 11.82 and it show 11.9. Same results two tanks in a row. All city driving, short trips, Texas heat, a/c full blast 100% of the time.

Has anyone tried reseting the DIC average fuel economy while driving down the highway? It gives strange results! It may pick up a 20mpg figure to start with if you are off the throttle a bit at the instant you reset, and take a while to average that back down!

Has anyone tried reseting the DIC average fuel economy while driving down the highway?

Did that too. I actually rolled down a long steep hill in "N" @ 40mph and reset it to read 99MPG :eek: ...didn't last too long though :lol:

Did ya try a reset in REVERSE? :D

I seem to average 10-12 with mixed freeway and street driving. The supercharger lets me burn more fuel, and it is hard to resist :D But it gets up to 17 on the highway.

In an old post, you said you computer was not taking to well to the supercharger. Does the computer still give acurate results with the SC? mpg and all?

I went from Houston TX to Belzoni MS and I did 396 to a tank of gas (93 octane) @ an average speed of 79 mph. I also have added the magna fow exhaust, and it sounds damn good. It has a deep tone thats just :puke:

Is that just mufflers you added, or complete cat-back?

By the way - welcome to the site :thumbs:

Krambo,

Was that you tailgaging off my back bumper? Just kidding as I drive a big rig.

LOL! I will always cater to the needs of the 18 wheelers. I would encourage everyone else to do the same:

Allow them plenty of room to merge.

Be alert for sudden stops...they can't stop too quickly!

Give them the chance to pass a fellow (slower) trucker.

I always enjoy getting the "flicker" of their lights after a courteous deed :thumbs:

I think this guy knew what I was doing :D

• 4 weeks later...

I made a trip to over the holiday weekend from Tempe AZ to six flags magic mountain in California. :crazy: My average speed on the computer was 53 mph and 14.7 mpg. The average speed is so low because of all the bumper-to-bumper traffic in LA. :sleep: I traded in a ’00 Silverado for the SS and am somewhat happy with the gas mileage considering the HP from the 6.0. My 5.3 Silverado averaged 17-18.5 mpg; I guess it was just a good motor. :thumbs:

Archived