Gas Mileage??

ctrow

I just went and checked the computer and it says 14.4 and I still have a half tank left…mostly freeway driving around the city the last couple of days…if I remember correctly last week it read 13.9 after running errands around town all day.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey SinisterSS could you post a sample of what your Excel Spreadsheet is set up like. Thats a great idea to document all the miles on the truck, and i would love to do the same for mine.

Just tweaked my Silverado SS Statistics spreadsheet a bit to make it easier for others to use. To download it, right click and "Save Target As..." on this link.

The first worksheet "2003 SS" is information gathered from the Driver Information Center when I fill up with gas. The values in red are automatically calculated and cannot be manually entered.

The second worksheet "SS Fuel Graph" automatically draws a plot of the last tank's MPG, the lifetime MPG and trends the gasoline prices over all the fill-ups.

The third worksheet "SS Maintenance" keeps track of oil change intervals.

The last three worksheets are from my 2002 Z71 and shows how the MPG and gas prices fluctuated over my ownership period.

To use the spreadsheets, delete the black text I've entered for my SS and put in your particulars and it'll automatically calculate from that date forward.

As an extra little bonus, try clicking on the SilveradoSS.com logo at the top of the spreadsheet! (Thanks Mervz!) :cheers:

Thanks SinisterSS. I had one for my old truck but not this detailed.

Back to thread 14.0mpg since purchase. Best tank has been 14.8mpg. No trips yet (except to KY to buy powerball) maybe this fall I will take it to MI.

Filled up today and 16.0 MPG, with two short trips and the rest local driving. 396 miles on the tank of gas and still had a little gas left. I have really been pleased with the gas mileage :D My 89 Ford, F250, 300 CI, 6 cyclinder, 5 speed, is usually around 15 MPG local driving.

I can't say the same, rm. I filled up today, I let the low fuel light come on and actually got 26.6 gallons in it. You can always go two gallons beyond the point it normally stops. I drive mostly speeds of 50 or above where I go, the benefit of living in what some people would call BFE. But, my mileage was only 13.6, that's not my truck doing any of the figuring, that's me with a calculator. 363 miles to the tank.

Do you get your foot into it at all? Just trying to figure the diff.

I can't say the same, rm. I filled up today, I let the low fuel light come on and actually got 26.6 gallons in it. You can always go two gallons beyond the point it normally stops. I drive mostly speeds of 50 or above where I go, the benefit of living in what some people would call BFE. But, my mileage was only 13.6, that's not my truck doing any of the figuring, that's me with a calculator. 363 miles to the tank.

Do you get your foot into it at all? Just trying to figure the diff.

BEN,

I punch the SS quite a bit up to 60 to 70 then most of the time it is just regular driving, gotta feel the surge though :D I use the calculator also and when I fill up I always top it off to the brim or neck, it takes a little longer to do this but I believe it helps with the consistency of figuring mileage. With conservative driving :rolleyes: I'm confident the SS will go over 400 miles a tank :thumbs:

You know you pay more for gas when you top off your tank pumping the handle to top off? :eek: I saw a news report on this a while ago and they went around to a bunch of gas stations to test this theory and what you know 9 times out of 10 the pump doesn’t even pump out fuel when you jerk the handle, but the #’s still roll up on the meter! :wtf:

Archived