Pistol advice

bgdsub72

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool, thanks for your words of wisdom...

Well, I am leaning more towards the Glock 22 or 23...whats a good price to pay for one?

Hope I didn't come off like a "know it all", just trying to help out...

I don't know the current rate for the 22/23, but I gave $400 for the wifes 27 - it was "gently used" with about 4 - 500 rounds through it at that point.

Of course, I'm down south where more of the "gun nuts" :P live, so we have a pretty good supply :):flag:

hey Ghostrider, I did not mean to make you sound like a know it all but I really did appreciate your reply.

On another note I want to thank for the input. I just purchased a Baretta 96 Brigadiet .40 cal today. I pick it up in 10 days. Can't wait to take her out and fire a few rounds through it at the range.

hey Ghostrider, I did not mean to make you sound like a know it all but I really did appreciate your reply.

On another note I want to thank for the input.  I just purchased a Baretta 96 Brigadiet .40 cal today.  I pick it up in 10 days.  Can't wait to take her out and fire a few rounds through it at the range.

Slim's sexy picture did it, eh?

I've had a lot of pistols from .22 to .45. Each had something on the other (except for the .380 -- yech) but I eventually settled on an HK .40 because it fit my hand as well as the .45 but was a little easier to handle. I loved my 9mm for accuracy -- well actually for "speedy accuracy" but it was a little light, IMO. The .40 is nice round -- good speed, good distance, good accuracy, and good dropping power.

<soapbox> If you're gonna have a gun, spend some time, money, and effort becoming an expert shooting your gun. I've put a lot of rounds down law enforcement ranges, and you'd be surprised how few officers (present company excluded I'm sure) shoot well. Then go watch at a public range <shudder> I'd recommend seeing if you can find a "point shooting" instructor in your area and drill drill drill until you actually can defend yourself when you need to.

Berretta makes a fine weapon. I'm sure you will love it.

.... In my opion, I would go with a Glock. Your better off with the .40 cal. or the .45 cal.

Glock has many sizes... Full size, Sub-Compact, and compact in both the 40+45 cal. models. If you have big hands, you may want to stay away from the compact.

You can also get all the glock models "Compensated". This is something you may want to avoid right now for a novice shooter. It is Ok, but the muzzle flash will blind you temp. in a night fire situation.

.... my Glock model 22 has had arount 4000 rounds though it since it was issued to me (Work gun).... Not one problem yet.........

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

On another note I want to thank for the input.  I just purchased a Baretta 96 Brigadiet .40 cal today.  I pick it up in 10 days.  Can't wait to take her out and fire a few rounds through it at the range.

Slim's sexy picture did it, eh?

lol, I did not even notice that post untill I got back from purchasing it. Looks just like that except it is all black. I can't wait untill next tuesday to take it to the range.

Archived