headliner change

backinblack

thats very nice , how much did that run ya bigt? I see he also did the visor's very nice touch

It cost me $2000 but he did my doors,seats,headliner and he also matched my over head consule to. I still have to go back he has to finish the rest of the truck.

By the way my headliner is suede.

So is there any way to change the color of the headliner by using faberic dye??  I remember seeing some in a store awhile back, it might be cheaper and quicker.  Just an idea?  :dunno:

We have a guy that comes into the dealership to fix cig burns on used cars and dye stains in carpet. He's usually in in wednesdays I'll ask him if I get a chance.

I talked to the Dye-it-Rite guy today, he said you would have to remove the headliner to dye, it which I kinda figured. He thought it would be possiable to make it a darker color but that he had only dyed a headliner once or twice. His advice was to either go to an upholstery shop and have them recover it or go to a fabric store and buy headliner material and fabric adhesive spray and do it myself... Either way this is a back burner project.

Had a couple of headliners re-done over the years. The shop charged @ $ 50.00 each time. They remove the whole thing from the car and then remove the fabric/foam headliner and re-glue a new one. Looks factory when done. Great fix for older cars that have the "sagging" look! My mom had a sweet '80 Camaro that the headliner was falling down in. My dad tried to glue it himself with some of that 3-M spray glue. He got overspray all over the headliner. Everytime I drove it, it would grab a few hairs from the top of my head. OUCH!

T :D

I almost didn't take the SS on delivery day over the headliner. My dealer assured me that they only make one color for the Silverado... It's called "Neutral" it looks beige or tan, but if you've convinced yourself it's light gray, then power to you! :wtf:

They made them all the same color to reduce the amount of money spent to build interiors. Plus, if they only make one color, there are less hassles at order time!

I still hate mine, but will live with it until I can afford to make a custom one! :driving:

On my 2005 (with Dk Gray Int) the headliner, visors, overhead console are all referred to as "Shale". It's a tan/putty/neutral color. (Translated: It's a cost saving color!!)

I couldn't believe the visors came without lighted mirrors and no rear maplights or even a homelink transmitter in the SS. (What gives GM???) :dunno:

I just purchased all three items and doing the install tomorrow. Going to also insulate the roof while I'm at it.

Archived