Calipers painted

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but not sure which paint color would go good with black

Red. Any other color will make it look like a circus wagon.

I can't remember the brand name. I used the same brand Lee did for his calipers.

Plasti-Kote brake caliper paint. Got it at Pep Boys

Do you remove them to paint or paint them in place?

Paint them in place. Just use tape and newspaper to mask off areas you don't want painted (like auto body shops). I had some pictures I posted a while back but can't find them now. Must have deleted them. Sorry.

would like them red, but would that look funny with all black?

They would look fantastic on an all black truck. Just look at high end mfg's choice when they offer a vehicle with painted calipers. Porsche Cayenne, Ferrari etc. always have red calipers no matter what the color of the vehicle.

Here's an image I did a few months ago for someone else. I don't have a lot of time this morning so I did this pretty fast. The front wheel is not corrected for perspective but you get the idea. At least you can see a black truck w/ red calipers.

83196.jpg

Looks good, Eric. :thumbs:   Wheels look very familiar.

Yep, like so many other things the new wheels sat in my garage for a few months waiting to go on.

I finally got rid of those crappy Symbolics and put on the Tomcat's

Good choice. I love mine!

A good time to paint your calipers is when you're doing a changeover to Earl's hyperfirm brake lines. Two bolts away from removing the caliper from the truck - not even that if you're changing pads while you're at it. Made things a lot easier and less hassle.

Yea, I wasn't smart enough to do that when I put on the Earls lines.

Still not too tough though. Just masked them off two at a time. O was doing it on Sunday while watching the race. During the comercials I would run out and put on another coat.

Yea, I wasn't smart enough to do that when I put on the Earls lines.

Still not too tough though.  Just masked them off two at a time.  O was doing it on Sunday while watching the race.  During the comercials I would run out and put on another coat.

Gonna try to do it this weekend since there is no race :mad:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived