Xenon bulbs, would these work??

fox_forma

I came across this on ebay and was just curious would something like this work ok in our SSS.

Bulbs

I know these are for the high?low and fogs which we dont have fogs but this guy has them just for the low beam also. Would these look alright or is it a waste of time and money?

Anybody have something like this in there SS? Just thought I would put that out there. Hope someone could inform me on this.

are those vehicle specific? the e-bay ad didn't specify.

He has others, i told him I had an 03 silverado SS and he shot me the link to another ebay auction of his with low beam ones for our truck. I think it was the same as 03 silverado ones. For $10 i dont care, I will try them and see what happens.

Try goin to view sellers other items in the link

fox_forma Posted Today, 11:24 AM

QUOTE(jchitwo @ Mar 22 2005, 01:16 PM)

He has others, i told him I had an 03 silverado SS and he shot me the link to another ebay auction of his with low beam ones for our truck. I think it was the same as 03 silverado ones. For $10 i dont care, I will try them and see what happens.

Was it these? Xenon

if so I think I'll try those as well

fox_forma Posted Today, 11:24 AM

QUOTE(jchitwo @ Mar 22 2005, 01:16 PM)

Was it these? Xenon

if so I think I'll try those as well

Yup

Ok so I did a little reasearch... the comany EURODEZIGNS sells these for about $25.00 for each pair, on ebay if you buy a set of highs', and lows', it will run you about $38.00 or so... the part number we need for our truck is Low Beam:#9005 High Beam:#9006. These fit a ton of applications so you can find them under several different vehicles that they offer for sale on ebay....

Xenon Bulbs on Ebay

I'm ordering a set today and will try them out. Thankx fox_forma for finding these and posting them.... :thumbs:

Chitwood

I bid on both, I wanted them to match... although I do agree the high beams are very good stock. I modified my truck with the diode mod posted on a different thread that allows your hi and low beams to turn on at the same time when you engage the high beams. these should look sweet though installed. thankx again for the tip.

I received the bulbs today and put them in. Since its still day I cant really tell how much different they are. I put one side in then turned my lights on so they were reflecting off the back off my garage wall and they def look brighter and white. The other light looked yellow almost compared to these. i think they are goin to work out well. Wish I had gotten the highs also but maybe another time. One thing that made me mad was i was charged like $10 for shipping and it was a $1.30 or something like that. oh well, i'm still happy. Jchitwo, you will like em, let me know how they look witht he highs also cause i think i may get them too.

Mine came this weekend, Missed out putting them in till last night. I love these new bulbs, their definitly much brighter and clearer. the truck looks a lot better at night with them on... Ill post some pic's tonite when it gets dark. I was kinds miffed about the shipping too but I guess that's how he make up the overhead difference, these things are about $30+ a pair at the pep boy's down the street from my house so I guess we are getting a little bit of a break buying them online... I paid a $40 even for the highs low's and 2 for fog lights... I figure I can use those somewhere or just put them on my blazer fog's.... overall I'm very happy with these.

Archived