Open Letter to GM

SSSomeday

I don't know if this has been done before, but I thought some of you guys would want to say what you would like to see on your next gen (supposedly making an appearance as a 2007 Model) Silverado truck. I think the SS forum is a good site for this because these are Chevrolet's top of the line truck buyers, we are the ones buying the most expensive, optioned out trucks.

I have an 04 Z71, decided on it over the SS at the last minute but still almost bought the SS and will probably be a GM truck buyer for life. The problem is, I'm tired of seeing nicer looking and more optioned out trucks than I can get. You can get a brand new Nissan with 33" tires and a frickin in dash navigation system. Where is all that from GM? Sure I can buy that aftermarket, but I would love to be able to buy all that from the factory, warrantied and ready to go.

Interior options:

In Dash LCD Navigation

Bluetooth sync up for mobile phone (similar to Acura, BMW, others)

iPod hook up in glove box

Aux audio input on dash

Exterior options:

Sunroofs, how about dual for a crew cab?

Body color bumpers/grill option. ALL OTHER TRUCK MAKERS HAVE THIS. TONS AND TONS OF CHROME IS A LITTLE 1980's.

Power extended cab windows (yeah, I don't use mine either. But I would if they were power controlled)

Special edition trucks:

You have the SS line which is high performance. I would say that just as many, if not more people tend to customize trucks for off-road use than on-road high performance. I may be totally wrong, it's probably just because I live in Texas.

That being said, how about a high performance Z71 truck - 2-3 inches higher than a Z71, 33" tall tires, etc. Kind of the ZR2 (chevy s-10 with a lift) of the Silverado world. Maybe they wouldn't sell in NYC, but you wouldn't be able to keep them on the lot in Texas.

Nobody at GM will probably ever read this, but I just have a ton of ideas running around in my head. Maybe somebody on the board will come up with something useful that GM might actually use.

All good ideas... but my thing is that I would rather do the modifications myself... one thing I've always disliked about other brands is having an "offroad" or "sports" edition already... whats the fun of having all the stuff on it from the factory when you could get exactly what you want in the aftermarket? Plus the aftermarket options often outperform the factory ones and by comparison are cheaper.

I understand where you're coming from, but I just think the fun is in the mods... who wants a truck thats already done the day you get it? :dunno:

Powerplant, drivetrain, etc. are probably the only suggestions I would make outside of minor cosmetic things (i.e. - leather quality, use of plastics, etc.)

100% LEATHER seats, with some type of design! The interior is just too boring, even with the white gauges( :eek: ) And yes, a magnacharger of course. Other things, I would rather do myself. But I would like my truck to be able to compete on every level from the factory.

Nice. How about the 8100 Gas in a half ton a la 454SS.

Btw, I liked your earlier post just as much, you shouldn't have edited it.....

Duramax in the half ton  :D

I didn't want to take away from your thread. Wrong place to start an arguement :D

100% LEATHER seats, with some type of design! The interior is just too boring, even with the white gauges( :eek: ) And yes, a magnacharger of course. Other things, I would rather do myself. But I would like my truck to be able to compete on every level from the factory.

:withstupid: I hate dodges but they do have a really really nice leather/suede interior with inserts and embroidered logos it almost looks like a custom interior.

I know the SS got the embroidered head rests but they arent even leather! :banghead:

:chevy:

-Bring back rear disc brakes (w/ improved e-brake system) on 1/2 tons.

-Supercharged SS's!

-The sunroof is an option in 2005....

-Also FULL leather interior on regular and ext'd cabs. The current price is not justified now!! We pay for a poor quality leather on only 1/3rd of the actual seat surfaces...

:thumbs:

I know this is a bit girly, but a mirror in the driver's side visor. My 2000 Silverado did not have it either. The mirror I put up keeps falling down and there is no light!!!! How the heck am I supposed to put on make up or do my hair in between appointments and parties? :D

Archived