Considering the SRT-10

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a really nice truck. Only reason I didn't wait and go that route is that I wanted AWD. Otherwise that may now be the best ext/quad cab gas-engined truck on the road. :)

No sub for C.I., no replacement for displacement... :P

I have never been a Dodge fan after my 95 Ram that couldn't keep a tranny. Do they still have tranny problems?? I know they have changed a lot since then.

I do want to test drive one to see how it drives and rides. I absolutely agree with the crew cab. Especially if you can get a 500HP truck for jus over $40. BUt then again I get GMS so there is no comparison for me!!

The biggest complaint I have heard is the ride quality ... tough to sit in for long periods of time. That might have been the std cab ones though. I heard they were small inside ... but I have never seen the interior in person ... just throwing out some other things to look into.

I think that SRT-10 QC would be a really cool truck to have. It would be really difficult for me to get that knowing how much faster the reg cab is though. Of course I did buy the SS instead of the L, and one of the main reasons was for the space. I say do it. That truck will be lots of fun.

BTW guys they run about a 13.8 stock.

Aaron

:banghead: DON'T BUY DODGE. I have a repair shop and that is the number one make that comes in with problems. You guys think you have tranny problems with add a s/c, that is Dodges wosrt problem. I was able to buy my SS with all the money i make on Dodges. Sorry if this offends anyone but I do this for a living and see what need the most repairs. Yes the SRT 10 is fast but what good is that if it is always breaking down. Dodge had some bad ass muscle cars in the 60s and 70s but their cars aren't worth a crap now.

I had a Dodge for 9 years, a little Shadow with a turbo. I would have kept it a little longer except it was in an accident. All I ever did was change the oil. I take that back, I think I had to replace the thermostat once.

Every vehicle make has it's problems.

On Chrysler: I worked in service and parts dept in a Chry/Ply/Jeep/Eagle dealer in the early 90s. I used to love my Mopars. But I saw way too many problems which simply should not have happened. And I got tired of trying to convince old ppl who had paid $30k for an AY-body Imperial that the car wasn't as big a p.o.s. as they thought. I cut my teeth on the Grand Cherokee, Ram, Neon, and the LH cars when they were introduced. Good effort, but the cars just sucked.

I know some like Mopar. I wont hold that against you. In some ways I still like some of them myself. But what makes ME happy is driving a Chevrolet, plain and simple.

As far as the SRT10 goes, I think its a decent but not great truck. And I guarantee you won't like driving it in the rain or snow, just like the Lightning-absolute death on slick roads, due to no traction. Too much engine and too light in the rear. The quad cab might not be as bad, since it is heavier. Trouble is, some of the guys here with mods could wax that quad cab, which brings us back to, "Wouldn't it have been easier to just get a SSs?" :)

The important thing is that you buy what you want-what makes you happy. Best of luck on that.

without reading through all the replies... my opinion is that it'd certainly be an interesting truck to add to your collection. i am the anti-chrysler and yet i still would have a hard time saying no to a half ton build with 505 cubes and 500hp. sometimes it's just hard to argue them numbers and say i don't like the truck just for being a dodge. this is coming from a guy that if i broke down probably wouldn't even take a ride from someone driving a dodge.

Archived