Considering the SRT-10

I take it your vehicles are long gone and no word of who took them?  I say get what you want, if you want the srt-10 buy it, if not dont.  You know what I mean :crazy:

The police have found nothing/done nothing and I do not know where those two cars are. The insurance company and I finally reached a settlement, and if the vehicles are recovered they will become property of the insurance company and you will probably see them at auction. I really hope they do find at least the 2500HD, I really loved that truck, I would buy it from the auction assuming its still in good condition.

i heard they still have tranny issues, i think your hd 2500 was a nice truck

The 2500HD was such a sweet truck, all performance mods too :banghead: .

I appreciate all your comments. I know it is a Dodge, and I am a pretty hardcore GM guy, but i've always appreciated anything with a big block, hence my 8.1L truck. I also got to say I quite like the look of the SRT-10 quad and it would definately be my choice over the reg cab. For the diesel guys, those truck do haul great, but I prefer to stick with the gas motors. I'm going to see what kind of deal GM will give me on a 2500HD with an 8.1, and check out the ram again. If only GM made a 1/2 ton with the 8.1/4L80E. As for the dodge problems, I know they tend to have more troubles, I had a 96 5.9L ram before, but it never hurts to give them another try, I'm having a hard time resisting an 8.3L 500bhp stock truck.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:banghead:  DON'T BUY DODGE. I have a repair shop and that is the number one make that comes in with problems. You guys think you have tranny problems with add a s/c, that is Dodges wosrt problem. I was able to buy my SS with all the money i make on Dodges. Sorry if this offends anyone but I do this for a living and see what need the most repairs. Yes the SRT 10 is fast but what good is that if it is always breaking down. Dodge had some bad ass muscle cars in the 60s and 70s but their cars aren't worth a crap now.

:withstupid: "A Dodge is a Dodge" Get you another SSS Or back to the HD. Sorry but I Think I will buy me that new Honda wanna be Avalanche before I buy me a Dodge. IMHO!!

Drove that Honda thang. Its not bad at all, esp considering its the first truck Honda has sold in this country. I would definitely consider one as a grocery getter/trail truck.

I dont think its is perfect, but I do think its good.

Any Chrysler product would be near-to-last on my list.

On Chrysler:  I worked in service and parts dept in a Chry/Ply/Jeep/Eagle dealer in the early 90s.  I used to love my Mopars.  But I saw way too many problems which simply should not have happened.  And I got tired of trying to  convince old ppl who had paid $30k for an AY-body Imperial that the car wasn't as big a p.o.s. as they thought.  I cut my teeth on the Grand Cherokee, Ram, Neon, and the LH cars when they were introduced.  Good effort, but the cars just sucked.

I know some like Mopar.  I wont hold that against you.  In some ways I still like some of them myself.  But what makes ME happy is driving a Chevrolet, plain and simple.

As far as the SRT10 goes, I think its a decent but not great truck.  And I guarantee you won't like driving it in the rain or snow, just like the Lightning-absolute death on slick roads, due to no traction.  Too much engine and too light in the rear.  The quad cab might not be as bad, since it is heavier.  Trouble is, some of the guys here with mods could wax that quad cab, which brings us back to, "Wouldn't it have been easier to just get a SSs?"  :)

The important thing is that you buy what you want-what makes you happy.  Best of luck on that.

:withstupid:

On Chrysler:  I worked in service and parts dept in a Chry/Ply/Jeep/Eagle dealer in the early 90s.  I used to love my Mopars.  But I saw way too many problems which simply should not have happened.  And I got tired of trying to  convince old ppl who had paid $30k for an AY-body Imperial that the car wasn't as big a p.o.s. as they thought.  I cut my teeth on the Grand Cherokee, Ram, Neon, and the LH cars when they were introduced.  Good effort, but the cars just sucked.

I know some like Mopar.  I wont hold that against you.  In some ways I still like some of them myself.  But what makes ME happy is driving a Chevrolet, plain and simple.

As far as the SRT10 goes, I think its a decent but not great truck.  And I guarantee you won't like driving it in the rain or snow, just like the Lightning-absolute death on slick roads, due to no traction.  Too much engine and too light in the rear.  The quad cab might not be as bad, since it is heavier.  Trouble is, some of the guys here with mods could wax that quad cab, which brings us back to, "Wouldn't it have been easier to just get a SSs?"  :)

The important thing is that you buy what you want-what makes you happy.  Best of luck on that.

I appreciate your insight on chrysler, as you have worked there and know more than I do about them. I know chrysler has had some really bad products, but I'm still hoping that for a truck of that caliber, it has been engineered and developed better. I think chrysler is getting better overall with improving their image. And I'm not selling the SS, that truck is staying. I'll eventually modify it enough, but the mopar styling of that SRT-10 I think is quite nice and the 8.3L even sweetens the deal.

Drove that Honda thang.  Its not bad at all, esp considering its the first truck Honda has sold in this country.  I would definitely consider one as a grocery getter/trail truck. 

I dont think its is perfect, but I do think its good. 

Any Chrysler product would be near-to-last on my list.

I saw that Honda truck, and :puke: that is the ugliest avalanche knockoff I have ever seen. I definately would take an american truck over the honda truck. I would take a tundra over that truck. But again to each his own.

I took it for another run, and I'm still liking it quite a bit, the wife doesn't really care for the mopar, so that is one thing holding me back. Anyways, I'm goign to make the decision this week wether to buy it or not. Your guys input has been very helpful. Thanks

Again, I wanted the SSS for its AWD. My truck has to be a year-round daily driver. I spent a winter here in Northeast Ohio driving a Camaro SS, and it sucked.

I decided to start with AWD and mod for more power. :chevy:

After a few stumbles and delays I am happy with my decision. :D

buy one then race me! I'm just kidding... to each is own, however... prepare to get owned!!! kidding once again, dodges are cool... oh wait that was the 60s and 70s...kidding again, at least its not a ford... and it does have more respect than our trucks (i dunno if thats saying much for either side) but in all honesty... if its what you want... f'n go for it! you only live once...

Archived