Do I need new springs?

According to Comp, the 921s can handle .650" of lift. I would say that the amount of lift you're looking at is a little much of a strain on them to last very long giving you would be at 95% of their rated capacity. No p/v issues with that much lift?

There aren't many choices of springs for over .600 lift, but those 921s you have are some of the better ones I think. I'd expect PV clearance to be OK with the size dish he needed in the piston to lower his CR.

What duration cam is this? You know, bigger isn't always better.

The old cam was at .601 with 1.7s. I haven't gotten far enough on the rollers to figure out the p/v issues. All this is because APEs pushrods are a little too short and so I need adj rockers...

Ah well, I'll be happier with the new cam, and the new owner of my present cam will be happy in about a month :)

I would just have a few spares with me all the time. :) Not that they would break, but I've read some stories on LS1tech about them going at some pretty unexpected times. I would definitely put them on a schedule for a refresh every 15-20k miles.

You could have always went with the Comp shaft mount 1.7s. :D

I can't seem to find Jesel -- but I thought they were $1k + also for shaft mount? I'm not sure on the comps -- I didn't look this time, but was thinking they were up there in the stratosphere.

Quick google for comp cams shaft mounts:

$1044 -- http://shop.store.yahoo.com/hm-performance/cocals1shmoa.html

$839.95 -- http://www.lmperformance.com/4197/1.html

WOW-- Patriot shaft mounts

$495.00 -- http://www.lmperformance.com/4810/1.html

So where can I get valve cover spacers?

Some quick looking at Jesels -- The ones I found are around $1k.

The Vinci/Crane springs are rated at .650" lift... but they'll have .045" clearance at that spec. What do the others on the market have? I might be inclined to pick a spring off of clearance... if my mind wasn't made up already. ;)

Erik, do you know how the 1.75's plot out on as far as lift goes through the range of the rocker? (I guess I'm asking, is it defitinitely 1.75 at peak lift?)

I think a lot of the sponsors on the other site there carry V-C spacers.

Thunder Racing is the only site that I've seen valve cover spacers on, for sure. LS1tech used parts area usually has some show up every week, or two.

Also, back when I was shopping for rockers, Patriot ones had not been released yet. May want to double check that, although that was seven months ago. I may want some of those myself, if available. They are the ones I wanted originally.

Archived