An SS disgrace

backinblack

Unless you are paying for it, I wouldn`t waste my time worrying about it.

You know what, you have a very good point. :crackup:

All I was saying is that whats the point in buying a 6.0 liter gas truck if your going to use it for work? You get better mileage in a duramax! For the money, if all I wanted was a work truck I would spend less and get a 3/4 ton even if it's not a diesel. Just my opinoin though... I never meant to make it sound like you shouldn't haul anything, I just can't see putting a ladder rack on it and driving it every day to work.

I agree with you. It doesn't make sense, but if that's what he wants, it's his money. :crackup:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless you are paying for it, I wouldn`t waste my time worrying about it.

You know what, you have a very good point. :crackup:

All I was saying is that whats the point in buying a 6.0 liter gas truck if your going to use it for work? You get better mileage in a duramax! For the money, if all I wanted was a work truck I would spend less and get a 3/4 ton even if it's not a diesel. Just my opinoin though... I never meant to make it sound like you shouldn't haul anything, I just can't see putting a ladder rack on it and driving it every day to work.

I agree with you. It doesn't make sense, but if that's what he wants, it's his money. :crackup:

:withstupid:

I don't see any problem with using the SS as a truck, mine has had a hot water heater thrown in the bed and the GSX-R goes in there from time to time. A ladder rack??? I dunno about that but hey some construction companies give their foreman vehicle allowances, so on someone elses dollar I'd probably throw a ladder rack on their too, would be one kick a$$ work truck. As far as the rim thing goes maybe he is trying to find a used one, your right I don't know. I take pride in keeping my truck as clean as possiable and keeping all my vehicles in good condition. Sometimes it is dirty and theres nothing wrong with that. So I guess my issue wasn't so much that he wasn't fixing his truck as that it was causing people to think it was mine, brought on by people asking me why I hadn't fixed my truck yet. Whew... thanks doc I feel a lot better now

silveradoss.com... curing mental illness on truck nut at a time

You are what you CHOOSE to drive. And how you take care of your property speaks volumes on how you take care of yourself.

Hell yeah use your truck as a truck, just take care of it! But Spankme is right, they're paying for it, it's theirs not yours, no sense getting worked-up about it. All I was saying in agreement is that I do tow cars, haul appliances, and haul ass and I still manage to take care of my vehicle, it's important to me. To me personally this topic has nothing to do with car care as much as being a reflection on the owner and their personal values. This is one reason I like participating on this forum, good successful people that demonstrate a strong personal sense of style (whatever flavor it may be) combined with a dedication to detail; those are my kind of people. They usually are capable of taking care of others because they truly know how to take care of themselves, posers not included but those folks are easy to spot.

Mr. P. :)

You are what you CHOOSE to drive.  And how you take care of your property speaks volumes on how you take care of yourself.

Hell yeah use your truck as a truck, just take care of it!  But Spankme is right, they're paying for it, it's theirs not yours, no sense getting worked-up about it.  All I was saying in agreement is that I do tow cars, haul appliances, and haul ass and I still manage to take care of my vehicle, it's important to me.  To me personally this topic has nothing to do with car care as much as being a reflection on the owner and their personal values.  This is one reason I like participating on this forum, good successful people that demonstrate a strong personal sense of style (whatever flavor it may be) combined with a dedication to detail; those are my kind of people.

Mr. P.  :)

I like the way you put that! :thumbs:

You are what you CHOOSE to drive.  And how you take care of your property speaks volumes on how you take care of yourself.

Hell yeah use your truck as a truck, just take care of it!  But Spankme is right, they're paying for it, it's theirs not yours, no sense getting worked-up about it.  All I was saying in agreement is that I do tow cars, haul appliances, and haul ass and I still manage to take care of my vehicle, it's important to me.  To me personally this topic has nothing to do with car care as much as being a reflection on the owner and their personal values.  This is one reason I like participating on this forum, good successful people that demonstrate a strong personal sense of style (whatever flavor it may be) combined with a dedication to detail; those are my kind of people.

Mr. P.  :)

I like the way you put that! :thumbs:

Thanks, it is a little personal philosophy that I am galvanized about, my spouse was *not* one of those kind of people, after years of rough marriage I finally figured all this out, and I always drove a spic-and-span vehicle, her Saturn went 8-months with (get this) catchup on the passenger door until I just had enough and cleaned it one day. And, guess what, she is a *very* selfish person, to an extreme, to the point of not being a fit mother.

But that's another talk for another time, just saying that my life experience proves you ARE what you choose to drive. Related - people that take care of their bodies fall into this group of truly good people too, IMO.

Yup. I know what you mean.  Some people just don't get it.  There's a blue SS around here that has kind of gone to the dogs, too. 

I totally know what you guys are saying, I drove up to the Mall of America over spring break last week and on the way I passed a blue SS with a ladder rack... I was like... no way! I wanted to :puke: It was HORRIBLE. If your going to spend that much on a work truck atleast get a 2500 duramax or somethin.

Yeah there's a blue SS with a ladder rack running around Columbia, MO too. I can see haulin stuff in an SS--I sure do, and my bed is all scratched to hell--but a ladder rack? I'm not so sure about that...why not the HD?

I definitely (respectfully) disagree with that.

Keeping the exterior of my truck clean is not a priority in my day to day, or week to week routine in the winter months. I don't wish to put any effort in fighting a battle I won't ever win -- not with the 36,000 miles I drive a year.

The appearance of my truck doesn't reflect me at all...

-- I do see the point about ketchup on the floor. Not washing my truck in the winter and leaving food stains on the floor are two TOTALLY different things to me. :)

I can't stand "clutter" and I will not tollerate food related messes like that. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

One thing I get a kick out of seeing -- those people driving around (usually in vans for some reason), that have all kinds of paperwork and about three Dunkin' Donuts coffee cups sitting on the dashboard. It's like.... you know they're not actually drinking more than one of them... and they got all this crap that they have to LOOK OVER to see where they are going -- you'd think they'd put the effort in to at least take down some of it.

I go crazy when I'm out driving... where there are mucky puddles and melting snow everywhere... and I see this PRISTINE vehicle also on the road.  That's what makes me nutty.  I can't fathom cleaning my truck only to get it all dirty again within a 24 hour period.  I like to leave a protective layer of dirt and salt on the truck for the winter.

That's what you get for buying black :D Black is only clean for as long as you leave it in the driveway - beyond that, all else is suspect. at least with blue, it looks clean for 3-4 days no problem, maybe longer.

All I was saying is that whats the point in buying a 6.0 liter gas truck if your going to use it for work? You get better mileage in a duramax!

Have you priced a DURAMAX? not even close to an SS ... Add another 10 grand and you'll be closer. Most of our work trucks are 6.0 liters up here (not SS's) torque and power ... makes a good work truck.

I'm in it for the long haul with the SS. I plan on keeping it for YEARS! :thumbs: So the way I look at it, if they want to use/abuse the heck out of their SS, so be it, :sigh: in the long run, and I mean 20+years, it will make my SS more valuable.

Hopefully, In 20 or so years when I drive it down the street people will stare and say "Look at that nice old truck that ole fart has!" :cool::cheers:

That's what you get for buying black :D  Black is only clean for as long as you leave it in the driveway - beyond that, all else is suspect.  at least with blue, it looks clean for 3-4 days no problem, maybe longer.

I know, leave it to me to pick the most unreasonable color for my cleaning habbits. :)

I had a victory red truck before this. I really liked that color (maintenance wise and everything)... but for some reason I was really drawn to the black SS. I could have taken home a red one with identical options, but didn't want the same color again.

Live and learn...

:mad: This really hits home, I just got a

big ole screw in my tire this morning and my

tire shop won't have another tire until

monday so I have to drive with a spare that

he had, because of the awd the tire heights

matter. The good news is the original tire

got me to the shop even with about 10lbs

of air in it.

Archived