he had, because of the awd the tire heights

matter. The good news is the original tire

got me to the shop even with about 10lbs

of air in it.

:wtf: And where is your spare?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I was saying is that whats the point in buying a 6.0 liter gas truck if your going to use it for work? You get better mileage in a duramax!

Have you priced a DURAMAX? not even close to an SS ... Add another 10 grand and you'll be closer. Most of our work trucks are 6.0 liters up here (not SS's) torque and power ... makes a good work truck.

Big O I have a 2003 duramax. The sticker on my ss wasn't that much cheaper than the 2500.

A regular 1500 is about 10 grand less than the SS... I'm sure money isn't a concern if he's using his SS for work.

All I was saying is that whats the point in buying a 6.0 liter gas truck if your going to use it for work? You get better mileage in a duramax!

Have you priced a DURAMAX? not even close to an SS ... Add another 10 grand and you'll be closer. Most of our work trucks are 6.0 liters up here (not SS's) torque and power ... makes a good work truck.

Big O I have a 2003 duramax. The sticker on my ss wasn't that much cheaper than the 2500.

A regular 1500 is about 10 grand less than the SS... I'm sure money isn't a concern if he's using his SS for work.

Wow ... maybe wyoming is skewed because we have more trucks than cars. 50 grand on most duramax's around here

Wow ... maybe wyoming is skewed because we have more trucks than cars. 50 grand on most duramax's around here

I'm not 100% sure what the truck sold for new, I bought it from a family friend last novermber (the same month I got the SS) and I got it for 29,500.00 with a brand new boss 8'0 snow plow. There not 50 here though, I know that much... I wanna say the sticker was 45. I could be wrong though.

I'm not 100% sure what the truck sold for new, I bought it from a family friend last novermber (the same month I got the SS) and I got it for 29,500.00 with a brand new boss 8'0 snow plow. There not 50 here though, I know that much... I wanna say the sticker was 45. I could be wrong though.

I guess it boils down to this: the duramax is a 7 grand option ... allison tranny is another 2 grand. It all depends on what base truck you start with prolly.

I love the duramax/allison 2500. I tow a 16' enclosed trailer with 3 commercial toro lawn mowers and it tows it like theres no trailer hooked up. This is probably why I don't use the SS as the truck its perfectly capable of being. It sees the 4 wheelers every now and then... but that's not a big deal.

I love the duramax/allison 2500.  I tow a 16' enclosed trailer with 3 commercial toro lawn mowers and it tows it like theres no trailer hooked up.  This is probably why I don't use the SS as the truck its perfectly capable of being.  It sees the 4 wheelers every now and then... but that's not a big deal.

I'm jealous ... I would love to have a DURAMONSTER hiding in the garage ready to do the dirty work. My poor SS gets more work then play time.

I love the duramax/allison 2500.  I tow a 16' enclosed trailer with 3 commercial toro lawn mowers and it tows it like theres no trailer hooked up.  This is probably why I don't use the SS as the truck its perfectly capable of being.  It sees the 4 wheelers every now and then... but that's not a big deal.

I'm jealous ... I would love to have a DURAMONSTER hiding in the garage ready to do the dirty work. My poor SS gets more work then play time.

It's still a Chevy truck, even if it's not a duramonster :) I have a lot of respect for chevy trucks... before my brother and I started our lawn care business 2 years ago we used his 99 Chevy 1/2 ton to tow a 16' open utility trailer all summer long. He never had a single problem. (this was before we got the 16' enclosed trailer) Chevy makes a nice truck, whether its for work or play :)

Archived