Tune

i'm assuming the answer is yes, but, if i get a tune from bryan and then a zippy shift kit should i get it re-tuned if i tell bryan my plans? if i get the shift kit first, should i not install it til i get a tune? thanks

Why would you want to get the tune first?? Is it going to be a while in between? He can retune any tune, however you pay for shipping and (after the first 60 days i think it is) i believe the retune. So i would wait till the shift kit, then get the tune...its going to save money and time in the long run.

It will not mess the truck up, but there are tranny guys out there that will tell you that a shift kit and tq mgt don't like each other. Not really an issue unless you're putting down some serious power, I don't think.

Saying that, again it will not hurt to run the truck with just the shift kit until you get the tune.

I would do the kit, then the tune - like was mentioned.

their right, you can drive around with the stock tune and a shift kit. the torque management will probably drive you nuts though. once you do finally get the new tune in there after the shift kit you'll notice the lack of torque management instantly.

I've got Zippy's kit sitting in my shop waiting to get installed, hopefully next week. I ordered the tune from Bryan at the same time and have already installed it. I told Bryan I was getting the shift kit but wouldn't be able to get it installed till after the tune went in. He said he would just tune it as if the shift kit was in and it would be fine. He just doesn't increase the line pressure in the tranny like he does on a tune without a shift kit, so when the shift kit is installed it doesn't damage anything. This saves having to get a reprogram and everything runs fine. I'm just relaying what Bryan explained to me, the best thing to do would be to give Bryan a call at his contact number on his website and he can advise you directly.

Archived