SS Malibu & Malibu Maxx....uhh

FuelSlut

I was just wondering if anyone else has visited the SS Lineup page of the chevrolet website.... and noticed the updated ss trailblazer spec pics etc., as well as the introduction of the Malibu SS and Malibu Maxx SS.... I'm not too crazed aboot the Malbu... looks great... but as far as performance goes... heritage went right out the winda (winder, window)... mixed feelings i guess.

I like most of the SS lineup but the malibu max SS maybe going a little too far. 240bhp = SS? I'm not sure about it, its sort of like the hemi, sort of diminishing the mystique and nostalgia of the SS name plate. If hemis and SSs become very common. The true American SS and Hemis of the late 60s and early 70s will be related to these hemis and SSs and I don't think some of them deserve the name plate. I really hope GM does not put the SS name plate on the aveo, uplander etc.

It is sad that chevy is trying to make every car the make with a SS badge on it just to make cash. Thats going to start making SS look like a joke.

:withstupid: chevy needs to stick with performance cars being ss's not just a trim line, hell in the 1980's chevy had a cavalier and chevette ss, these were only ss decals and some striping, :puke::sigh::mad::cry:

It is sad that chevy is trying to make every car the make with a SS badge on it just to make cash. Thats going to start making SS look like a joke.

:withstupid: chevy needs to stick with performance cars being ss's not just a trim line, hell in the 1980's chevy had a cavalier and chevette ss, these were only ss decals and some striping, :puke::sigh::mad::cry:

:puke: GM Execs at work, how to destroy a legend in 5 easy steps....

What Next Aveo SS and SS Condoms...

To GM, stop smoking the funny tobacco.

Stop ruinning the SS name..

Dr Mike :mad:

there is NO heritage with a maxx ss or even a s 10 ss or malibu ss, maybe a new theme with the cobalt ss. the impala ss, the monte carlo ss 1983-1987, the 454 ss truck, the current ss silverado and trailblazer are from the heritage, and the ss camaro 2000-2002. has any one seen the new ss sedan show shown last year? :dunno:

Dodge guys bitch and moan about the Charger name, the Daytona name.

Chevy guys bitch and moan about the Nova, the Malibu, the SS.

Have a google search for the new FAIRLANE.

:crackup:

The Ford guys should be tying nooses and tossing them over trees?

;)

1C2B1734.jpg

:crackup:

And the Pontiac crowd is screaming about the GTO name being ruined, and that car has 400HP.

Archived